User Interface And Ccleaner

I had problems viewing the UI. Some of the text was missing and some would disappear when I scrolled over it. If I clicked Display in My Bitdefender nothing happened.

Also, viewing the logs was very hit and miss. Sometimes they would appear other times not.

Followed the advice of other posters and regularly had to exit and reload the UI in order to have a chance of viewing the logs.

Another problem was (when I was able to view the logs) I noticed that quick sweeps were carried out for about four days and then NOTHING.

Then I noticed that in CCleaner under Applications>Utilities there was an entry AntiVir Desktop. This obviously refers to Bitdefender.

Since unticking (unchecking) it the UI has improved 100%. If there is some text missing scrolling over it actually causes it to appear!

Have not had any problems in calling up the logs either and quick sweeps are showing for the last five days.

So, if anybody has the same problem and are running CCleaner (or a similar programme) I advise them to do the same.

Comments

• I had problems viewing the UI. Some of the text was missing and some would disappear when I scrolled over it. If I clicked Display in My Bitdefender nothing happened.

Also, viewing the logs was very hit and miss. Sometimes they would appear other times not.

Followed the advice of other posters and regularly had to exit and reload the UI in order to have a chance of viewing the logs.

Another problem was (when I was able to view the logs) I noticed that quick sweeps were carried out for about four days and then NOTHING.

Then I noticed that in CCleaner under Applications>Utilities there was an entry AntiVir Desktop. This obviously refers to Bitdefender.

Since unticking (unchecking) it the UI has improved 100%. If there is some text missing scrolling over it actually causes it to appear!

Have not had any problems in calling up the logs either and quick sweeps are showing for the last five days.

So, if anybody has the same problem and are running CCleaner (or a similar programme) I advise them to do the same.

I am running CCleaner and haven't had the text problems. It does sometimes fail to show the logs and I have to close and reopen the gui. I'll check CCleaner.

There is no entry for AntiVir Desktop in my CCleaner.

• I am running CCleaner and haven't had the text problems. It does sometimes fail to show the logs and I have to close and reopen the gui. I'll check CCleaner.

There is no entry for AntiVir Desktop in my CCleaner.

Have you checked under the Applications tab (not Windows which is selected by default).

It should be under Utilities.

I am running CCleaner version 5.03.5128

• Have you checked under the Applications tab (not Windows which is selected by default).

It should be under Utilities.

I am running CCleaner version 5.03.5128

Thank you very much for the (initial) post. I have CCleaner Free version 5.0.5128* (under Windows 8 - 64-bit) and I do not have the entry Applications > Utilities > AntiVir Desktop. Yet I understand how that setting may be there for some* and I will keep this in mind for future updates of CCleaner. Again, thank you for sharing this great finding! ;) With all likelihood more people will find this as an answer to their trouble.

*Latest as of today.

**For example, CCEnhancer, adds more rules and definitions to CCleaner, which may be useful. <_<

• Thank you very much for the (initial) post. I have CCleaner Free version 5.0.5128* (under Windows 8 - 64-bit) and I do not have the entry Applications > Utilities > AntiVir Desktop. Yet I understand how that setting may be there for some* and I will keep this in mind for future updates of CCleaner. Again, thank you for sharing this great finding! ;) With all likelihood more people will find this as an answer to their trouble.

*Latest as of today.

**For example, CCEnhancer, adds more rules and definitions to CCleaner, which may be useful. <_<

Sorry to hear that you are the second poster that doesn't have AntiVir Desktop listed under Utilities.

I can only assume that it's because I'm still running XP Pro, SP 3.

For the record with my OS and set up CCleaner has these main headings under Windows:

Internet Explorer

Windows Explorer

System

Advanced

Under Applications:

Firefox

Applications

Internet

Multimedia

Utilities - (this lists Malwarebytes and Superantispyware as well as AntiVir Desktop)

Windows

I can only hope that other XP users see something similar so at least some people can use this fix.

• Sorry to hear that you are the second poster that doesn't have AntiVir Desktop listed under Utilities.

I can only assume that it's because I'm still running XP Pro, SP 3.

For the record with my OS and set up CCleaner has these main headings under Windows:

Internet Explorer

Windows Explorer

System

Advanced

Under Applications:

Firefox

Applications

Internet

Multimedia

Utilities - (this lists Malwarebytes and Superantispyware as well as AntiVir Desktop)

Windows

I can only hope that other XP users see something similar so at least some people can use this fix.

Okay, it's not listed with Win 8.1 or 7.
  • Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited March 2015

Hiya Smirnoff,

AntiVir desktop is not listed in my Ccleaner either, it is certainly not a Bitdefender program as you suggest in the OP. From what I understand it is part of the Avira AV program. Have you at any time had that AV installed, and if you did was it removed using Avira's uninstall tool? The same applies to Superantispyware, which you should not have running with Bitdefender.

It looks to me as if Ccleaner will detect programs you have on your system and lists them for cleaning - even after you have removed those programs.

Ro.

• Ah, sorry for the double post but I lost the edit for the one above.

It does seem that Ccleaner works on the detect and remove method, even if you have removed a program from your computer some remnants of the files (maybe in registry) will be left behind and this is what it is seeing. To remove those files looks to be a bit of a pain.

Ro.

• Ah, sorry for the double post but I lost the edit for the one above.

It does seem that Ccleaner works on the detect and remove method, even if you have removed a program from your computer some remnants of the files (maybe in registry) will be left behind and this is what it is seeing. To remove those files looks to be a bit of a pain.

Ro.

I think what CCleaner detects in cleaning mode are history files and cached data for programs. The registry cleaning part takes care of leftover registry entries..
  • Smirnoff
    edited March 2015
    Ah, sorry for the double post but I lost the edit for the one above.

Ro.

It seems I was mistaken about AntiVir Desktop being part of Bitdefender.

I assumed it was because I uninstalled Avira. Apparently Avira no longer provides an uninstall tool as such but the advice is now to run the Avira Registry Cleaner:

http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/a...egistry-cleaner

This removes all registry entries for (only) the Avira products you select.

AntiVir Desktop no longer shows in CCleaner.

Sorry to confuse people.

However, the fact remains that when I deselected this entry in CCleaner the Bitdefender UI started working perfectly.

• It seems I was mistaken about AntiVir Desktop being part of Bitdefender.

I assumed it was because I uninstalled Avira. Apparently Avira no longer provides an uninstall tool as such but the advice is now to run the Avira Registry Cleaner:

http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/a...egistry-cleaner

This removes all registry entries for (only) the Avira products you select.

AntiVir Desktop no longer shows in CCleaner.

Sorry to confuse people.

However, the fact remains that when I deselected this entry in CCleaner the Bitdefender UI started working perfectly.

Sorry to reply to myself but should have added that in XP the Avira Registry Cleaner needs to be run in Safe Mode so probably the same with a different OS.

• Yes, The above post contain possible solution of this problem. When i found similar problem then my friend suggest same as above person mentioned here.