Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Log Into Steam, Can't Manage Ports To Forward

So it seems that the only to log into steam and to play some games is to turn off the firewall. Now I tried to forward and make exceptions to steam.exe and to gameoverlayui.exe and it still doesn't work. Also there isn't a clear cut method to see what ports are actually being forwarded when you make an exception on the file.

Secondly when logged in, if I were to play a game that requires steam cloud to use, it will not connect to Steam Cloud.

Hands down, this is the most frustrating anti-virus suite I have ever used. I had no problems with Norton these past 5 years, and I'm getting such a headache with this one.

Comments

• Well, I use Steam and BD IS without any problems the last years, try to uninstall BD with the uninstall tool and reinstall with the standard settings.

• So it seems that the only to log into steam and to play some games is to turn off the firewall. Now I tried to forward and make exceptions to steam.exe and to gameoverlayui.exe and it still doesn't work. Also there isn't a clear cut method to see what ports are actually being forwarded when you make an exception on the file.

Secondly when logged in, if I were to play a game that requires steam cloud to use, it will not connect to Steam Cloud.

Hands down, this is the most frustrating anti-virus suite I have ever used. I had no problems with Norton these past 5 years, and I'm getting such a headache with this one.

Hi Omniblast,

Following Marky's advice, here is the link:

how to...

Regards,

L.

• Hi Omniblast,

Following Marky's advice, here is the link:

how to...

Regards,

L.

Ok I came back to say that this resolved the issue with Steam and logging into steam cloud for my saves. Thanks. Who knew an uninstall then reinstall would fix it. I certainly didn't.

Thanks once again. Both Marky and Lionet.

• Now the issue that I have after the re-install is that chrome is blocked. Nice. Have to turn off the firewall in order to come here and post this.

So at this point do I re-install again? :rolleyes:

• Now the issue that I have after the re-install is that chrome is blocked. Nice. Have to turn off the firewall in order to come here and post this.

So at this point do I re-install again? :rolleyes:

Try to reset the Firewall rules.