World Of Tanks Launcher

I just downloaded and installed Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition yesterday, and now after a restart World of Tanks Launcher is not launching the game. Other games work, shows on firewall that World of tanks is allowed also it messed up my proxy settings so I couldn't access the internet. I fixed that. I know the World of Tanks Launcher first checks to see if there are any updates before it launches. Not sure if this is what Bitdefender is blocking? Any help is appreciated!!!

Comments

• I just downloaded and installed Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition yesterday, and now after a restart World of Tanks Launcher is not launching the game. Other games work, shows on firewall that World of tanks is allowed also it messed up my proxy settings so I couldn't access the internet. I fixed that. I know the World of Tanks Launcher first checks to see if there are any updates before it launches. Not sure if this is what Bitdefender is blocking? Any help is appreciated!!!

I am not sure if the following applies:

In my experience, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition warns about dangerous Internet connections only through the web browser. If there is no visible (box) layout for the content of a bad connection, it simply blocks the connection without warning. However it is possible to find out when this happens by examining the file gzserv.log in the antivirus software folder. The excluded material can be found in gzserv.log by looking at the lines that say:

... HTTPAV Cloud link infected ...

Please report any false positives to Bitdefender labs.

• I went through that log and did a search using ctrl f for the phrase you mentioned and go no hits

• I went through that log and did a search using ctrl f for the phrase you mentioned and go no hits

I presume the problem does not happen if you disable the real time protection (Virus Shield) but you are not getting any signs of a false positive being detected. I have seen other reports of conflict between some games and Bitdefender® Antivirus. Some of them seem as minor as a conflict with Bitdefener Antivirus Free Edition's interface (it crashes!). In such case you can simply turn it off (select Exit from the icon) without compromising your protection.* However, some problems require the intervention of Bitdefender's technicians, e.g., [solved] Bitdefender Breaks Steam Overlay In Payday 2. If you cannot find help in this forum, you may Contact Customer Care. Bitdefender's technicians are there to resolve any technical issues.

*Yet I think the conflict should be reported to
    Bitdefender's technicians.

• I have tried turning off bit defender and disabling the shield but I get the same results. I opened a ticket with bitdefender earlier in the week and replied to their response with my system specs 3 days ago and I have not heard back since then. It may be that I just need to uninstall bitdefender and leave it at that. I would like to use it but it seems to have a conflict with some games.