How Does The Features Of Bitdefender Free Compare With Its Paid Counterparts?

Comments

• This offers a comparison of only the paid versions: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antivirus.html

While Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition offers the same protection against virus/malware as other Bitdefender products, it does not offer any of the features in the comparison chart you cite besides the anti-virus, anti-spyware protection, and since it will warn if you try to connect to a malicious website, e.g., a phishing site, it gives some privacy protection. This is because it uses the same signatures as the other Bitdefender products and it has Active Virus Control (AVC) for the discovery of new threats. It does Early Boot Scanning for the detection of rootkits and optimal protection. However it offers limited control over its operation. You may turn the active protection on or off but you have no control of how aggressive AVC can be or independently turn off the protection against dangerous websites. You can turn on or off the automated scans but you cannot control the schedule or what those scans will cover. You can set up arbitrary scans of files or folders. You can restore/unblock/exclude detected files but you cannot exclude a file or folder from being monitored before it is found a threat. You can also exit the interface for silent protection without loosing protection. It offers excellent protection in a light simple but effective package. If you need custom control over your protection, it is best you try one of Bitdefender commodity products.

• That's exactly what I wanted! Thanks Naren!

• dch48
    edited May 2015
    Interesting. I really don't want any of the added things in the Plus version so I'll stick with free.
  • I think Bitdefender free version is enough if you are doing basic computer use like watching movies, rarely checking emails and FB. But if you are a high time computer users I would always recommend spending some money in buying premium version.

You can check a detailed comparison of Bitdefender FREE vs Paid versions including pros and cons here: https://antivirusinsider.com/bitdefender-free-edition-vs-paid/

I am always happy to help you further. Shoot reply here. :)