Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Logging

Options

Hi Folks,

Last year I posted about a issue where AVC was causing Opera browser to load very slow here

Bitdefender support sent me a reg file that turned logging on to help with trying to solve the issue, the issue was only solved when Opera released a browser update in Dec 2014. The problem I now have is support didn't send me the reg file to disable logging again when I requested they send me it. Now the C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\AVC folder has almost 3GB of log files thaking up space on my SSD boot drive.

This was the contents of the enable debug logging reg file they sent me.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVC3]

"EnableLogging"=dword:00000001

"FeedBackOn"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avc3]

"DriverOptions"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avckf]

"DriverOptions"=dword:00000001

I replaced the 1 at the end with a 0 for each line that had 1 at the end & booted into safe mode & then imported the edited reg file & then deleted the contents of the log folder & then restarted back into normal mode & now the AVC folder is empty apart from the Feedback folder. I had to do this to get the sapce back & save the SSD from the almost constant writes the log files were doing.

The edited reg file looks like this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVC3]

"EnableLogging"=dword:00000000

"FeedBackOn"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avc3]

"DriverOptions"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avckf]

"DriverOptions"=dword:00000000

It would have been nice if support had sent me the reg file to disable logging when I asked for instead of me having to figure it out myself. Just wanted to check with the forum staff that the edited reg file to stop the logging is ok.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Please extract and run the key uploaded here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ulisuw

It will disable the current AVC logging.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this. Thank you!

• Thanks for the reply Georgia :)

I disabled it shortly before I posted here but notice in the reg file you provided that feedback on should have a 1, will boot into safe mode & import your regfile. It would have been nice if email support could have sent me the disable logging regfile when I requested it back in Dec last year. Took me a while to narrow it down to the AVC logs folder.

Cheers for uploading it for me :)

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    Options

Can I delete the contents of this folder?

post-39675-1431982551_thumb.png