Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Suddenly Blocking Apps

Hello,

My name is Kevin (hence Niveek, which is my name backwords and an extra "e") I can't submit a support ticket due whatever reason, nor can I logg in at MyBitdefender, and since I'm not pleased with the support ticket system of bitdefender (getting responses without any solutions*.. Irrelevant answers and stuff..): I'm trying to search for help this way.

(I've always run Total security 2014 but am now upgrading to 2015 to see if it fixes anything)

I've been having issues with my firewall for a while now. First it was "Steam" who got shut off my internet, now it is "League of Legends".

My firewall seems to block everything that I was being able to play before and I find it unacceptable.. I added everything there was to add to my exceptions of both my Bitdefender Firewall and my windows firewall but no results. I googled for a solution but nothing seems to work.

Now I also noticed my bitdefender keeps going to autopilot if I close it to my tray, perhaps this is the reason? I tried starting total security as admin and changing it to user profile but it keeps switching back...

Even though I have 450+ days remaining on my account I am considering to remove bitdefender since it does more harm than good.

*description why I'm not pleased:

I had a problem with my bitdefender telling me I should register my account but never received an email to do so.. the only reply I got was:

"Thank you for your interest in our Bitdefender solutions.

Please note that we have checked your license key and we would like to inform you that we have a dedicated support line for your specific situation:

http://www.bitdefender.fr/site/Main/nousContacter/

Also, please note that your account has not been activated and you shouldn't receive this notification anymore"

Which brings me to the french support system.. And I'm not french.. But as told the notification wasn't received after this. (no e-mail ever came to register my account either.) When I replied and asked why he told me that my account wasn't activated while my support ticket was about activating it.. They told me:

"Please note that we have checked your license key and we would like to inform you that we have a dedicated support line for your specific situation:

http://www.bitdefender.fr/site/Main/nousContacter/

Kevin, should you require further assistance from us do not hesitate to ask."

So they're totally avoiding my questions.

Comments

• seems the problem is resolved by updating to Bitdefender total security 2015 (which is free)

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hi Kevin,

Hopefully v.2015 has solved your problem, it is a much better version. It won't be too long before we see v.2016 and you can also use your license key to upgrade - free of course. :P

Ro.