Files scanned: 1174625

Infected items detected: 102

Files known to be clean: 236200

Scan Paths

Path Status

C:\ completed

Scan Results

No infected items have been found.

Which one is true, and why do they say different things?

Comments

• An On Demand scan has completed.

The scan took: 02:44:49

Files scanned: 1174625

Infected items detected: 102

Files known to be clean: 236200

Scan Paths

Path Status

C:\ completed

Scan Results

No infected items have been found.

Which one is true, and why do they say different things?

In my experience, you should see a list of files that could not be scanned for being encrypted at the end of the report, usually installer files, so one file may comprise of many. This is the only reason I know why there is a non-zero number for the Infected items detected when in reality (your case) No infected items have been found. I think it is a wrong choice of words but I agree the content of an encrypted file could be considered to be a threat.

• In my experience, you should see a list of files that could not be scanned for being encrypted at the end of the report, usually installer files, so one file may comprise of many. This is the only reason I know why there is a non-zero number for the Infected items detected when in reality (your case) No infected items have been found. I think it is a wrong choice of words but I agree the content of an encrypted file could be considered to be a threat.

The thing is, I do have encrypted files, but they are from well known programs and games. Almost all of them are from a game called "Tera Online" which has a ton of users and never reported as a threat. I'm not sure why they are encrypted honestly, some of the files are just .txt files. Also, the last time I did a complete system scan they didn't show up and it said no threats detected; maybe it was from an update.

• The thing is, I do have encrypted files, but they are from well known programs and games. Almost all of them are from a game called "Tera Online" which has a ton of users and never reported as a threat. I'm not sure why they are encrypted honestly, some of the files are just .txt files. Also, the last time I did a complete system scan they didn't show up and it said no threats detected; maybe it was from an update.

The report should list the encrypted files that caused the discrepancy. I insist Infected items detected is just a wrong (misleading) choice of words for what the number really represents. If your scan report stated No infected items have been found you should have nothing to worry. If a real threat is found it will be blocked or quarantined. Therfore you should only worry if you ever see a message stating You are not protected in the interface <_<

• The report should list the encrypted files that caused the discrepancy. I insist Infected items detected is just a wrong (misleading) choice of words for what the number really represents. If your scan report stated No infected items have been found you should have nothing to worry. If a real threat is found it will be blocked or quarantined. Therfore you should only worry if you ever see a message stating You are not protected in the interface <_<

Ok, thanks for the information.