Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Offline Installer

Options

I have an offline PC which I would install bitdefender free ed on, but I have been able to just find an small installer that requests an host system connected to internet in order to complete installation procedure:

http://download.bitdefender.com/npd/free/A...ree_Edition.exe

Is there a way to install Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition using an "offline installer" downloaded from an other machine connected to internet?

By reading some tread seems not possible, but it's strange, so I asked anyway... just for confirm.

Why is all-in one installer not provided for the free edition of Bitdefender AV? It would be a useful install alternative.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• lapka
    Options

This anti-virus uses in its work partly local and cloud base. Even if you have the opportunity to establish BF on a offline PC, the BF could not fully work. Why do you need a defective product?

• bitsam
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This anti-virus uses in its work partly local and cloud base. Even if you have the opportunity to establish BF on a offline PC, the BF could not fully work. Why do you need a defective product?

I'm fixing up a friend PC who is not very experienced in pc usage... I haven't a LAN to connect to internet both my and its machine at the same time and I need to maintain my PC connected always-on at the moment. So it would be very useful if I was able to download the installer on my PC and then move it on the target machine by an usb key. I'd prefer to deliver PC to my friend with all security software already installed... That's all...

Do you know if there is such an installer like that for free edition?

• lapka
    Options

This installation program does not exist.

You can try to run the installation of anti-virus using the executable file located in the folder C: \ Program Files \ Bitdefender \ Antivirus Free Edition \ Install. It's either setuplauncher.exe or installer.exe. Naturally, the folder you want to transfer to the PC, where it is planned to establish BF.

• bitsam
    Options

Ehm...

I didn't well understood this procedure, could you please explain a little more?

I mean, I have just the executable linked in my first post:

http://download.bitdefender.com/npd/free/A...ree_Edition.exe

I haven't any folder named "C: \ Program Files \ Bitdefender \ Antivirus Free Edition \"...

Neither on my PC nor within target machine.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

If you are able to install it, it still needs to be validating by registering the product with Bitdefender, so you will have connect to the internet to do that. If you do not register it on the computer it is running on it will not work after a few days, (10 I believe).

Ro.

• bitsam
    Options
    If you are able to install it, it still needs to be validating by registering the product with Bitdefender, so you will have connect to the internet to do that. If you do not register it on the computer it is running on it will not work after a few days, (10 I believe).

Ro.

No problem that machine will be connected as soon as possible.