Scheduling Updates

Is there no way to schedule downloading updates at specific times? I'm now on a limited data plan. I get free data between 1am and 6am and I certainly don't want to do manual updates in the middle of the night.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015

Comments

• Is there no way to schedule downloading updates at specific times? I'm now on a limited data plan. I get free data between 1am and 6am and I certainly don't want to do manual updates in the middle of the night.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015

I think you can manually schedule updates for specific times

Under General Settings you can turn off Automatic Updates. If you are a hot shot programmer you could probably write a small utility to turn off auto-updates at a specific time and then turn them back on at a specific time. I don't know if you can use Windows Task Scheduler to accomplish the same thing.

I guess you could try manually turning off automatic updates when you want and then turn it back on when you want. I have never experimented with it so I have no idea what will actually happen by doing this.

There is a small risk that your computer could get infected doing what you want to do as malware attacks are not necessarily limited to when a person is using a computer unless they shut it down when not using it. So in theory by your computer not being current with updates when you turn off auto updating your computer could get hit with a malware attack thet would otherwise be caught. If you try turning off auto-updates my suggestion would be to run a reliable file cleaning program before you turn off auto-updates and then shut you computer down. When you restart the computer restart auto-updates. No idea how BD will react when you start things up again and if it will affect boot time or performance until your computer gets updated to the latest updates.

If you try it, it would be apprecited if you posted the results back here to let us know what happened. Thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

This option is not available for consumer products, only in business products such as:

http://www.bitdefender.com/business/#Client%20Security%203.6