Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Free Version Downloader Files Location

Options

Does anyone here know where the Bitdefender Free version downloader puts the files it downloads? It's taking nearly an hour to get them all and I'd hate to have to download them again.

Thanks!

Comments

• dalewb
    Options
    Does anyone here know where the Bitdefender Free version downloader puts the files it downloads? It's taking nearly an hour to get them all and I'd hate to have to download them again.

Thanks!

It turns out I used Bitdefender's server to attempt to download the installer, which I quit after an hour at 50%. One of the 3rd party links worked a lot better. I did manage to find the files in appdata\temp, but none of the executable files in it worked. Once you do manage to "install" Bitdefender Free, though, it initiates a download of the program files into the folder you indicated during install.... and takes forever.

Bleh. Paid is better, really.

• dch48
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It turns out I used Bitdefender's server to attempt to download the installer, which I quit after an hour at 50%. One of the 3rd party links worked a lot better. I did manage to find the files in appdata\temp, but none of the executable files in it worked. Once you do manage to "install" Bitdefender Free, though, it initiates a download of the program files into the folder you indicated during install.... and takes forever.

Bleh. Paid is better, really.

I don't get what you're talking about. I downloaded a small file which went right into my downloads folder. (Antivirus_Free_Edition.exe 158 kb). On running that file it downloaded another file for 64 bit which was the actual installer (Antivirus_Free_Edition_x64.exe which is 9.96mb in size) also into the Downloads folder. Then installation proceeded as usual.
  • dch48
    Options
    I don't get what you're talking about. I downloaded a small file which went right into my downloads folder. (Antivirus_Free_Edition.exe 158 kb). On running that file it downloaded another file for 64 bit which was the actual installer (Antivirus_Free_Edition_x64.exe which is 9.96mb in size) also into the Downloads folder. Then installation proceeded as usual.

The whole process was very fast.