Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Popups

Options

So I have been trying the free version of Bitdefender but it has a tendency to popup itself up (even when logged in) to remind me of well nothing other than it is there. Is this normal? Is this made intentionally to annoy me into either getting rid of it or buying a version? I don't get it. This occurs whenever running a full window application be it a software or a game or even a movie.

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    So I have been trying the free version of Bitdefender but it has a tendency to popup itself up (even when logged in) to remind me of well nothing other than it is there. Is this normal? Is this made intentionally to annoy me into either getting rid of it or buying a version? I don't get it. This occurs whenever running a full window application be it a software or a game or even a movie.

Hi crazyraisin,

Welcome on the forum!

I do not use this free version, so I can't answer straight away.

If you check previous threads about previous versions, it does not seem possible to deactivate pop-ups.

I hope a BD admin will answer you soon.

Regards,

L.

• dch48
    edited July 2015
    Options

I never see popups on any of the 3 machines BD Free is running on. I certainly have never seen one while in full screen mode. I only get notices when it blocks a webpage or thinks it has detected something bad. I've only had 2 of the latter instances and both items were restored from quarantine and excluded from further scanning.

What you are seeing is definitely not the normal behavior.

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi crazyraisin,

Considering what Dch48 says, you'd better reinstall your BD free version, but check first your system too. -_-

You could use to check:

rescue cd

Regards,

L.