Slingplayer Windows 8 App Cant't Connect To Slingbox

Hi,

I'm running Bitdefender Total Security 2015 on Windows 8.1.

Unfortunately, there's some sort of setting in Bitdefender that is preventing the Windows 8 Modern UI Slingplayer app from being able to connect to my Slingbox 500. When I run the application and try to stream Live TV, I get the error message "Unable to connect."

At first, I tried disabling the firewall but the same problem occurred. Then I completely uninstalled Bitdefender and Slingplayer ran successfully. Of course, upon reinstalling Bitdefener, Slingplayer could no longer connect to my Slingbox once again.

Therefore, there must be some setting in Bitdefender that is preventing the app from connecting to my Slingbox. Again, this is the Windows 8 Modern UI/Touch version of the Slingplayer app that I am using.

Please let me know what settings I need to change in Bitdefender to get Sligplayer working and compatible with Bitdefender.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

I'm running Bitdefender Total Security 2015 on Windows 8.1.

Unfortunately, there's some sort of setting in Bitdefender that is preventing the Windows 8 Modern UI Slingplayer app from being able to connect to my Slingbox 500. When I run the application and try to stream Live TV, I get the error message "Unable to connect."

At first, I tried disabling the firewall but the same problem occurred. Then I completely uninstalled Bitdefender and Slingplayer ran successfully. Of course, upon reinstalling Bitdefener, Slingplayer could no longer connect to my Slingbox once again.

Therefore, there must be some setting in Bitdefender that is preventing the app from connecting to my Slingbox. Again, this is the Windows 8 Modern UI/Touch version of the Slingplayer app that I am using.

Please let me know what settings I need to change in Bitdefender to get Sligplayer working and compatible with Bitdefender.Thanks!

Hi Nusaram,

Welcome on the forum!

I do not use Slingplayer, so I can't tell you what's going on with this software

You could contact BD support there:

BD support

Regards,

L.

• Hi Nusaram,

Welcome on the forum!

I do not use Slingplayer, so I can't tell you what's going on with this software

You could contact BD support there:

BD support

Regards,

L.

Thanks.

I opened a ticket and I just finished an online chat session and we couldn't get it to work.

There's something about BD that's interfering with Slingplayer.

• Hi Nusam, you might want to check the thread below and try the suggestion, good luck! 1.gif

http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/i...php/t29005.html

• Hi Nusam, you might want to check the thread below and try the suggestion, good luck! 1.gif

http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/i...php/t29005.html

Thanks, I had already read that thread and tried some of the suggestions in it.

Nothing worked so I created a ticket and I got online with a support agent and we did detailed troubleshooting, but in the end, still unsuccessful.

Considering the problem was first reported so long ago, I was really surprised that it was still a problem today. Anyway, as such, I gave up and switched to a competing product.