Install Error Windows 10

Hi!

I installed Windows 10 build 10240. Wanted to install Bitdefender 2015, first I got crashed with a blue screen, then I always got this:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefe...or%22-1377.html

Tried everything in the desription, and could not install it. Anyone have the same problem? Works like a charm on Windows 8.1

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Hi!

I installed Windows 10 build 10240. Wanted to install Bitdefender 2015, first I got crashed with a blue screen, then I always got this:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefe...or%22-1377.html

Tried everything in the desription, and could not install it. Anyone have the same problem? Works like a charm on Windows 8.1

Hello ChaserHUN90,

Bitdefender 2015 has not yet been updated to run with Windows 10, It will be by the Win 10 official release but for now you have to wait for an official announcement as to its compatibility. Only a couple more days. :)

Ro.

• Hello ChaserHUN90,

Bitdefender 2015 has not yet been updated to run with Windows 10, It will be by the Win 10 official release but for now you have to wait for an official announcement as to its compatibility. Only a couple more days. :)

Ro.

I am getting this gut feeling that the memory fix will come in the same update as the one making BD 2015 W10 compatible. We shall know soon enough. :)

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    We shall know soon enough. :)

I note there has just been a new update that required a restart. There were no malware sigs, but there was an upgrade file which added a new upgrade.exe to the Bitdefender files. Very soon now I hope. :)

• Hello ChaserHUN90,

Ro.

Tomorow will be the official launch.

Many computers have already downloaded W10 with Windows Update.

I had a BSOD after installing Windows 10 final 10240 and updated Bitdefender Internet Security 2015.

If tomorrow dozens of computers have BSOD this will cause problems !

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited July 2015

We still have not had the official Windows 10 release, that is tomorrow. Yes a lot of people have already downloaded the pre-install files for Win 10 (I have them on my Win 8.1 machine downloaded today) but not the official release. Bitdefender 2015 will be compatible then. :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

Hello ChaserHUN90 & acetone802000

You have installed Bitdefender on a preview version of Windows 10 which we do not offer support for.

Microsoft has announced that even the users who participated to their Windows 10 Insider program will get the FINAL Windows 10 Build on July 29. Today.

Since you have reported this crash on July 27, respectively July 28 this is obviously not the case. Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade and install Bitdefender on the original Windows 10 released today.

Thank you for your understanding.

• crashr
    edited July 2015

I have the final today release of windows 10 and i get the exact same error.

BSOTD and i also tried reinstall / repaire etc..

I had to uninstall bitdefender using windows safeboot (shift + F8) because it was chain booting to a BSOTD screen.

Is there a win 10 setup exec file somewhere ? Because i have the windows 8.1 x64 setup exec and it just doesn't work...

Here is the error i get when i try from the web installer or the offline installer : http://puu.sh/jhlLP/3c7e4f6afa.png

• I have the final today release of windows 10 and i get the exact same error.

BSOTD and i also tried reinstall / repaire etc..

I had to uninstall bitdefender using windows safeboot (shift + F8) because it was chain booting to a BSOTD screen.

Is there a win 10 setup exec file somewhere ? Because i have the windows 8.1 x64 setup exec and it just doesn't work...

I have also the FINAL version of Windows 10 (just downloaded this morning)

This morning i tried with the FINAL version, just downloaded. Same problem BSOD....

PS i repeat this is not an preview

• I have Officially updated Windows 10, and my Internet Security isn't running even with the update that Bitdefender made today. It blocks my internet conection, i have to uninstall it.

• GellarDJ
    edited July 2015

I Have founded Install Links for Windows 10. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS, COPY THEM:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...n-kit-1452.html

• I Have founded Install Links for Windows 10. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS, COPY THEM:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...n-kit-1452.html

omg even the link they give is wrong... seems like their developper made a copy past without changing the href of the <a> tag...

Thanks for the tips will try this right now

• Install Perfect, no BSOD and it's working flawless, Windows 10 recognizes it. Regards

• crashr
    edited July 2015

The installation finaly work. But when i enter my multi-device email / password it don't use my already bought licence but a new one :

d00be0ea9d.png

Web View :

58046b0500.png

And as you can see i already have a multidevice with 300 day left :

5c1a076b52.png

• crashr
    edited July 2015

The Firewall is blocking evry thing even the bitdefender updates :

50234fe559.png

No internet connexion when the bitdefender firewall is activated...

• seems like i have to disable the stealth mode in order to get internet again :

cb2ec270b7.png

• new bug even with stealth mod off i don't manage ton ping any website...

• Ichisuke
    edited July 2015

Hi guys, where do I find the italian version of the latest build compatible with win10?

I've updated today to win10, then downloaded(casually) the full version from the support page(I didn't noticed it was the windows 10 version) After I've installed it everything was working fine but the suite was in english. So I've download the italian installer(online download) but just before finishing installing it windows started to crash continuosly.... so I suppose that the online installer actually download an old version...

Do I have to wait or is it already available? On the italian website I cannot find anything...

Thanks

• new bug even with stealth mod off i don't manage ton ping any website...

Have you tried the Uninstall Tool? I Used it, and all went perfect. Good Luck!

• Upgraded my Dell E6310, BD seemed not to be present/working so I used the removal tool and downloaded the newest version and installed it.

Worked fine for some hours until suddenly no internet. Last update showed "today" meaning the last update broke the firewall defaults.

I had to set my network type to trusted, stealth off, generic both settings OK.

• As mentioned previously, I have installed windows 10, was offered a "windows 10" suitable total security update, installed, worked for about an hour then totally froze my internet. I have reactivated windows defender, uninstalled this crappy bitdefender and fortunately only have 44 days to go before I can ditch this crappy company. I HAVE HAD NO END OF PROBLEMS THIS LAST 3 MONTHS IN WINDOWS 8 AND NOW WINDOWS 10

• chickenlittle
    edited July 2015

If any of you have the problem with bitdefender firewall on winows 10. Go to bitdefender firewall settting and disable "block internet connection sharing" for the mean time.

Hope bitdefender will release a new update to fix this problem soon.

• blendax
    edited July 2015
    I have Officially updated Windows 10, and my Internet Security isn't running even with the update that Bitdefender made today. It blocks my internet conection, i have to uninstall it.

I have the exact same problem. What I did:

1. Ran uninstall tool.

2. Restarted.

3. Downloaded offline installation bitdefender_is_19_64b.exe

4. Installed. Seemed to work fine.

5. Restarted

6. No internet connection.

7. Turned off firewall in setting (got internet connection back)

8. Got message that I should upgrade Bitdefender although I had use the latest off-line installation.

9. Tried to upgrade anyway and got the message that Bitdefender can not install drivers.

Still not working. Have to uninstall and wait for a stable release. :unsure:

• Does 2016 beta work on Windows 10?

• I confirm Bitdefender TS 2015 (build 18.23) works fine on Windows 10. You should install online to get latest version. The first time I install windows 10, I installed old version of Bitdefender (Offline) and it causes crash and I can't login to Windows :wacko: . Afterward, I install online and everything works perfect. :rolleyes:

• Does 2016 beta work on Windows 10?

Yes the beta 2016 works on windows 10. I'm running it with NO problems.

• Upgraded my Dell E6310, BD seemed not to be present/working so I used the removal tool and downloaded the newest version and installed it.

Worked fine for some hours until suddenly no internet. Last update showed "today" meaning the last update broke the firewall defaults.

I had to set my network type to trusted, stealth off, generic both settings OK.

Yep i made the same thing in order to make the command "ping" work. Stealth off + trusted on my network card with internet.

• Mine is version Internet Security 19.2.0.142 and working normally on Windows 10 Pro

• It is only a matter of time until you will get the blue screen (happened to me on 2 different computers). BD 2015 products are not yet compatible with W10! Remowe BD2015 and install BD2016 beta. This is the only solution till now if you want to have BD on W10. Check the Feature Request subtopic of the forum.

Poor job guys!

• please if you have issues with internet connexion set sealth mode to off. Then go on grc schields up and test your firewall everything is fine all ports are stealths.

• emmm not working... have to uncheck internet connexion sharing

• Upgraded it into bitdefender 19 and it work fine or me now.

• I must say, it is sad to see from Bitdefender, a lack of any sort of information about what is happening with this. It shows a head in the sand mentallity like if we ignore it. it will go away. Well sorry, we paid for this product and are not getting any usefull feedback about this problem. It is not like Microsoft yesterday said we have a new operating system we are releasing tomorrow.......... the release date for Windows 10 has been in concrete for some time now........

• amateescu
    amateescu BD Staff

The windows 10 compatible version of Bitdefender is 19.* . All of the problems you are mentioning here are related to the fact that when the upgrade from windows 7/8 to windows 10 some bitdefender drivers get migrated forward. This is an unexpected behaviour and an issue of windows 10.

The generic solution for these issues is the following:

1. Run uninstall tool. (you can find it here: http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/ )

2. Restart system.

3. Download and install Bitdefender 2015 version 19.* ( you can find it on www.bitdefender.com. )

quick links for the english version:

Antivirus:

Internet Security:

Total Security:

P.S. All download links (except those for vista or xp) from the Bitdefender website will download version 19.*. Please do not use versions of Bitdefender older than 19.* on windows 10.

• The windows 10 compatible version of Bitdefender is 19.* . All of the problems you are mentioning here are related to the fact that when the upgrade from windows 7/8 to windows 10 some bitdefender drivers get migrated forward. This is an unexpected behaviour and an issue of windows 10.

1. Run uninstall tool. (you can find it here: http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/ )

2. Restart system.

3. Download and install Bitdefender 2015 version 19.* ( you can find it on www.bitdefender.com. )

Antivirus:

Internet Security:

Total Security:

P.S. All download links (except those for vista or xp) from the Bitdefender website will download version 19.*. Please do not use versions of Bitdefender older than 19.* on windows 10.

Sorry did exactly as you have stated above, still the problem re blocked intenet connection, have to unistall BD completely to get internet connection and use Windows defender for protection.

• The windows 10 compatible version of Bitdefender is 19.* . All of the problems you are mentioning here are related to the fact that when the upgrade from windows 7/8 to windows 10 some bitdefender drivers get migrated forward. This is an unexpected behaviour and an issue of windows 10.

2. Restart system.

Antivirus:

Internet Security:

Total Security:

Sorry did exactly as you have stated above, still the problem re blocked intenet connection, have to unistall BD completely to get internet connection and use Windows defender for protection.

• wtf bitdefender 19... you mean build 19.2.0.142? its already installed on my computer and if I click on block internet connexion sharing Internet stops... and moreover there are no events in firewall events...

• finally there is no trafficlights on chrome or firefox or edge...

• ARos77
    edited July 2015

Same here, after trying several times. (Internet Security 2015)

It works on 2 other comps, both Home Editions.

But on the Pro Edition this last version of Bitdefender crashes all the time.

I'm leaving for a few days, hope there's a solution when I get back ...

• Sorry did exactly as you have stated above, still the problem re blocked intenet connection, have to unistall BD completely to get internet connection and use Windows defender for protection.

Mee too as I described above.

• wtf bitdefender 19... you mean build 19.2.0.142? its already installed on my computer and if I click on block internet connexion sharing Internet stops... and moreover there are no events in firewall events...

I downloaded BD TS from the standalone kit as I had uninstalled BD some time ago when I was using the Insider previews. So far no problems and my "Block Internet Connections" box is ticked (set as default during download.

finally there is no trafficlights on chrome or firefox or edge...

TrafficLight is not a part of Bitdefender v19, it has always been a standalone add-on for browsers.If you are using it as such perhaps it has not yet been updated for Win 10.

• post-91-1438437792_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and after upgrade from W7 to W10 I can no longer select Detected Burglar, this worked with W7

How come this?

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hallo,

Ik heb Bitdefender Total Security 2015 en na upgrade van W7 naar W10 kan ik Inbraakdetecie niet meer aanvinken, dit werkte wel met W7

Hoe komt dit?

Hoe kan ik dit oplossen?

Alvast bedankt.

• Hello Benq,

It is working fine for me (see attached) (it translates as Intrusion Detection).

Could you try repairing your Bitdefender - Control Panel>Programs and Features - double click Bitdefender and choose repair. Let it all complete and reboot your PC.

Let us know how you get on.

Ro.

post-175392-1438439290_thumb.jpg

• post-91-1438443750_thumb.jpg

Hello Rohugh,

Repairing didn’t work, I have remove the software from my pc en reinstall from DVD.

Now it works fine.

Thanks for help me

Best Regards and a fine weekend.

• Thanks for replying Benq and I am pleased it is sorted.

It is starting to appear to me that uninstalling Bitdefender programs before the upgrade and then installing the BD download separately rather than using the upgrade is a more reliable way to go.

Ro.

• another question: dont have the sandbox anymore.... is this normal?

• nice .. did a complete reinstall and now bitdefender works perfectly...

• another question: dont have the sandbox anymore.... is this normal?

Nope, the whole toolbar that had the sandbox icon is missing from the GUI>Web Protection>Settings section. :(

nice .. did a complete reinstall and now bitdefender works perfectly...

Good stuff, pleased it is sorted.

Ro.

• Credit where credit due. Ran the new uninstall tool on my laptop, downloaded 2015 TS, its been up and running, internet still working, for 12 hours. Just did the same on my desktop, seems to be fine, internet still working.

You may have saved another customer (if I can get a good deal........... about that, licences for 3 units is great, except when you need 4. why don't you have a "rolling" type discount, customer puts in how many units they need, you apply the appropriate discount????. )

• While upgrading Windows version this error occurs that’s quite annoying actually. Most of the time this error comes into existence when you try upgrading Windows using force install method.

When the server of Microsoft gets overloaded the download gets corrupted and incomplete. But if you think that just by restarting your PC you will fix this issue then it’s not possible.

If you have the reserved copy of Windows 10 OS then you must perform clean installation of Windows 10.

Once installation is over run Windows and switch ON automatic updates.

And if aforesaid solution does not help you with this then I would recommend you to opt for some repair tool that could solve all sort of Windows related errors and one such tool is Re-image Repair Tool.

I loved it because apart from fixing errors this tool even optimizes PC and increases the performance of system. Moreover it does not require any specific technical knowledge to operate it.