Bitdefender Free Windows 10 Support....

Hi, Does anybody knows if is going to be the bitdefender free supported for windows 10?

What everything is not working with W10?

Ive noticed that the HTTP scaning its not working so far...Everything else seems working to me....

Comments

• dch48
    edited July 2015
    Hi, Does anybody knows if is going to be the bitdefender free supported for windows 10?

What everything is not working with W10?

Ive noticed that the HTTP scaning its not working so far...Everything else seems working to me....

Everything seems to be working here. How do you know that HTTP scanning isn't?

• Everything seems to be working here. How do you know that HTTP scanning isn't?

I would be very surprised if Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition had any trouble on Windows 10 with regard of scanning files (including HTTP scanning) or monitoring the file system. I would await a word of confirmation from Bitdefender® regarding its use on Windows 10 mainly because of the proactive protection side of it (i.e., the Active Virus Control and B-Have technologies). The way Bitdefender monitors processes is a distinctive part of the protection it offers and its operation is probably more sensitive to the operating system. I think the new version of the operating system would be likely to require a revision of the software as it happened when Windows 8.1 was introduced.

Note: I have yet not seen Windows 10, nor have any rush for it. If it is just like Window 8 with an old style start menu, it may not require any version revision from any software :P

• I would be very surprised if Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition had any trouble on Windows 10 with regard of scanning files (including HTTP scanning) or monitoring the file system. I would await a word of confirmation from Bitdefender® regarding its use on Windows 10 mainly because of the proactive protection side of it (i.e., the Active Virus Control and B-Have technologies). The way Bitdefender monitors processes is a distinctive part of the protection it offers and its operation is probably more sensitive to the operating system. I think the new version of the operating system would be likely to require a revision of the software as it happened when Windows 8.1 was introduced.

Note: I have yet not seen Windows 10, nor have any rush for it. If it is just like Window 8 with an old style start menu, it may not require any version revision from any software :P

Some software does require modifications but not much. The only thing I had that doesn't work is the Motherboard utility from Gigabyte called Easy Tune. I was using it in 8.1 to control my CPU fan speed. It does not load in Windows 10 and throws up an error about a driver problem. Classic Shell also had to be updated for Windows 10 but they did it ahead of time.

• roxtedy
    edited August 2015

HTTP scaning is NOT working.

Look..When I visited Visit My Website with Windows 8.1 bitdefender free blocked whole website with bitdefender warning....because there is eicar.com false virus for testing antiviruses...

Now when i visit the same webpage, bitdefender doesnt react unless Im downloading and saving the file.... Which means HTTP scaning is NOT working as with Windows 8.1.....

• HTTP scaning is NOT working.

Look..When I visited Visit My Website with Windows 8.1 bitdefender free blocked whole website with bitdefender warning....because there is eicar.com false virus for testing antiviruses...

Now when i visit the same webpage, bitdefender doesnt react unless Im downloading and saving the file.... Which means HTTP scaning is NOT working as with Windows 8.1.....

Maybe the site has now been whitelisted? The site does load for me as well but I never went there in 8.1. I'll try it on my Win 7 machine that hasn't been upgraded (and probably won't be).

Interesting, it seems you're right. The site gets blocked by BD in Win 7 but not in 10. Good catch. BD needs to be alerted to this ASAP.

• graciliano
    edited August 2015
    Maybe the site has now been whitelisted? The site does load for me as well but I never went there in 8.1. I'll try it on my Win 7 machine that hasn't been upgraded (and probably won't be).

Interesting, it seems you're right. The site gets blocked by BD in Win 7 but not in 10. Good catch. BD needs to be alerted to this ASAP.

According to this virustotal analysis Bitdefender is the only engine labeling that address as a malware site and Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition on Windows 8 reports it as such. How about downloading the eicar test file form eicar's download page: Does it block the page or does it quarantine the file after downloading it (under Windows 10)?

• Bitdefender catch the file when is saving on the disk. And move the file to the quarantine.. And pc is safe.. But its not working HTTP scaning as before...

• According to this virustotal analysis Bitdefender is the only engine labeling that address as a malware site and Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition on Windows 8 reports it as such. How about downloading the eicar test file form eicar's download page: Does it block the page or does it quarantine the file after downloading it (under Windows 10)?

The Eicar page is not blocked but downloading is. However, if you use IE, the download gets blocked by the Smart Screen Filter as well.

• when I use Microsoft edge...HTTP scaning is NOT working eaighter...

• when I use Microsoft edge...HTTP scaning is NOT working eaighter...
    It's not working period. With any browser.
  • What risk will be posed by HTTP scanning not being working in Windows 10?

• its not only about http scaning...I downloaded virus and BD free with windows 10 did not react I could launch the virus...but online on the virusbuletin showed that BD already knows the virus. Its not working at all...sometimes it react and sometimes it doesnt...

Im USING WINDOWS DEFENDER and Im very happy with it..its not BD but no advertisment and the detection is getting better and better just check tha last av comparatives...

• I just tried new test.....

on this website you can check new viruses....

test antivirus (clean MX)

Windows defender reacted on the newest threats even better than the Bitdefender....

and

its free

no advertisment

no compatibility issue

all the time developing....

• I found that Windows Defender could not be turned on after installation of Bitdefender even if 'Virus Shield' was already off.

Uninstallation of Bitdefender was no solution. I have had to run System Restore to make Windows Defender work again. I suspect Bitdefender Free Edition 2014 is not fully compatible with Windows 10 on some computers.