Can't Lock Vault From "this Pc"

The user instructions - http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-...aults-1006.html - says "To lock a vault, right-click the corresponding virtual disk drive from My Computer, point to Bitdefender File Vault and select Lock."

However, when I do this, I get the message "The file vault with drive letter V: failed to be locked because it is in use. Please close My Computer and try again from BitDefender Interface>Privacy>File Encryption>Lock vault.

This PC is the Windows 8.1 version of My Computer.

I get this problem whether or not I actually click into the drive to display files and no matter what drive letter I select when I open the vault.

Is the problem related to the windows version? Something else? Is there some way to lock a vault simply?

Thanks.

Comments

• The user instructions - http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-...aults-1006.html - says "To lock a vault, right-click the corresponding virtual disk drive from My Computer, point to Bitdefender File Vault and select Lock."

However, when I do this, I get the message "The file vault with drive letter V: failed to be locked because it is in use. Please close My Computer and try again from BitDefender Interface>Privacy>File Encryption>Lock vault.

This PC is the Windows 8.1 version of My Computer.

I get this problem whether or not I actually click into the drive to display files and no matter what drive letter I select when I open the vault.

Is the problem related to the windows version? Something else? Is there some way to lock a vault simply?

Thanks.

This is a known problem and I have discussed it with Bitdefender Support. To close a vault open File Encryption under Privacy and close it from there. There are also design issues with Encyption which I have discussed with BD Support. They include vault name and file name and informaton about the files in the the vault being visible in Windows File Explorer even when the vault is locked. This design flaw is in Windows 10. It is unknown to me if this design flaw exists in previous versions of Windows