Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[Submitted to DEVEL] Search Advisor And Chrome

Options

Hello

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and the search advisor is working fine with Firefox but not with chrome (version 43). All settings in the web protection are on. I am not using Firefox because it seems like a resource hog and when watching movies online i have jerky videos so my everyday browser is Chrome and would like search advisor to work with chrome and was wondering too if i was protected anyway while browsing with chrome

Comments

• pwhenne
    Options

I am also having the same problem. Search Advisor does not work in Chrome, but does in Firefox and IE 11.

This does seem to be a more recent issue. I do remember it working in the recent past.

My current version of Chrome is Version 43.0.2357.81 m

I did submit a support request. I'll respond with any findings.

-PWHenne

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

We are aware of this situation and we are currently working on a fix for it.

Once the fix is complete, it will be launched in a product update.

Have a nice weekend!

• pwhenne
    Options
    Hello,

We are aware of this situation and we are currently working on a fix for it.

Once the fix is complete, it will be launched in a product update.

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks, Georgia!!

Paul

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Our internal tests reveal that when accessing https://www.google.com in Chrome, there are cases when it connects using SSL (TLS) and also cases when it connects using a new protocol called “QUIC”. The culprit seems to be the QUIC protocol.

Please apply the workaround below and let us know if it helps:

1) Open Google Chrome and enter chrome://flags in the search bar. Then press Enter.

2) In the list that appears scroll down until you locate the setting called Experimental QUIC protocol. Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android. Use the drop-down menu beneath it to choose Disabled.

3) After you make the change the button Relaunch Now appears. Click it to apply the change.

Now check if Search Advisor works again in Google Chrome. We are looking forward to your results.

• It's working, thanks very much

• kellycraven
    Options

The suggestion did not work to fix the problem on Windows 10 and Chrome.