Install Bdts 2015

I have a question about the installation process of Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

Currently I'm using the dutch version, but I'd like to switch to the english version for a long while.

I have tried to uninstall the dutch version and install the english version a few times, but everytime the installation process keeps hanging on 0%.

In the past the installation process took a few minutes, but after waiting 2 hours I am forced to use my backup and get back to the dutch version as I want to have the protecting that bitdefender offers.

Is there a reason why it takes so long for bitdefender to install?

For information, I'm using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit along with BDTS, but with the dutch installation I didn't had any problems with these programs.

Comments

• Hello ryspredator,

Did you uninstall the Dutch version using the Bitdefender Uninstall tool, not the Control Panel, you need to remove all traces of the previous version. Uninstall both of the Malwarebytes programs.

Install Bitdefender from here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54672

Ro.

• I had used the bitdefender uninstall tool every time.

But also, every time the uninstall tool couldn't remove all of the traces.

• Yes there will be one or two files left, like it keeps details of your license for future installs.

Uninstalling MBAM and MBAE is important at it is known that it can interfere with the installation of BD, you can reinstall MBAM after you completed Bitdefender (I am not sure about MBAE).

Ro.

• Ok, then I'll uninstall MB programs, create a backup (before uninstalling), uninstall using the tool and install using the offline kit.

Have any experience or an idea on how long it could take for the offline installation?

• Have any experience or an idea on how long it could take for the offline installation?

It obviously depends on your internet speed, it normally takes me around 20 minutes to download. When you install, say no to downloading the latest files as your BD will install them afterwards with an update - it just speeds things up a little.

Ro.

• Only thing that changed is uninstalling MBAE and MBAM and it installs in a few minutes. Download takes max 10min.

• Is it possible to have version 19.2.0.142?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Is it possible to have version 19.2.0.142?

Yes, both on and off-line are available from here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=58943

Ro.

• Well, I read that 19+ is only for windows 10.

I have windows 8.1 x64, so I reverted back to a few days ago (forgot to make a backup due to some stuff) to ensure I'm not getting problems with bitdefender.

• Well, I read that 19+ is only for windows 10.

I have windows 8.1 x64, so I reverted back to a few days ago (forgot to make a backup due to some stuff) to ensure I'm not getting problems with bitdefender.

Oh, OK but you asked for v.19 and that only work with Win 10. :)

If you want v.18 then the installers are here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54672

Ro.

• Yes I indeed did, but I was in the meanwhile looking for a possibility to add some system information somewhere.

I haven't found anything as I can't change almost nothing.

After uninstalling the 19 version I couldn't install any other version (english/dutch) of bdts.

So, at the moment I'm back with the dutch version 18.21.0.1497 thanks to a backup.