Cannot Login To My Bitdefender

Hi all, I just downloaded Bitdefender free edition and when i went to login to MY BITDEFENDER i received a error.

- Error: The connection to the server has failed. The product could not be activated. Check the connection and try again.

Any Ideas on what is causing this.

I use Vista Home Edition and Google Chrome browser.

Comments

• Lionet
    edited August 2015
    Hi all, I just downloaded Bitdefender free edition and when i went to login to MY BITDEFENDER i received a error.

- Error: The connection to the server has failed. The product could not be activated. Check the connection and try again.

Hi fwhitfield,

Welcome on the forum!

Which version do you install? I'm not sure the latest one fits Vista or XP.

Besides do you have any other antivirus already installed on your machine? You need to fully deinstall all of them (if necessary in safe mode)

Remember the tip: WE need one and only one firewall, one and only one antivirus...

is the Microsoft firewall automatically deactivated? it could hamper the installation. Check on the forum with the search button.

Regards,

L.

• Hi all, I just downloaded Bitdefender free edition and when i went to login to MY BITDEFENDER i received a error.

Remember the tip: WE need one and only one firewall, one and only one antivirus...

I have seen this problem reported a few times in this forum. I have not seen anybody report a definitive solution.

It is a very good starting point to make sure there is no other antivirus product installed, active or not. I have found no problem with Windows Defender, which turns off automatically, and Windows Firewall, which coexists with no problem.* There are other firewall products that can coexist with Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. I cannot say it is always safe because I had once a problem caused by conflict from the firewall I use (not Windows), however that was solved with an update in the firewall's software.

*This is with Windows 8.

• I also have the same issue. Install of free version onto Vista seems to go perfectly. But then cannot get it activated:

Error: "The connection to the server has failed. The product could not be activated. Check the connection and try again."

A message pops up that I think says connecting to server please wait. But it flashes in less than a second to the error.

Vista is fully up to date. Windows Defender is off. I tried installing as administrator. Tried using removal tools for AVG and McAfee which I think were once on this computer. And ran bitdefender removal tool before reinstalling. Uninstalled using control panel for free version to try again.

I am not aware of any other antivirus apps that are installed.

How can I get this activated?

• Hello Giekevin,

Sorry to hear about the situation you encountered.

Please let me know what type of connection(cabled or wireless) are you using and also if the Windows Firewall is on(not Windows Defender).

• Thanks for your interest, Ban Hammer,

I am connected via ethernet cable and have tried it with Windows Firewall on and off, and Windows Defender off.

• Hi all,

It is the first time I am posting in a forum but I had the same issue that i could not register the free antivirus - but it is solved in another forum here.

My computer has windows vista sp 2 and firefox is my default browser.

/index.php?showtopic=45090" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=45090

I hope this will help you