Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Ts 2015 Ignores Exclusions

AIGuy
edited May 2015 in Antivirus

As the title states, BitDefender TotalSecurity 2015 has decided a file I have been successfully executing for weeks, is now a trojan. It is not, so I simply excluded the folder from being scanned. This stopped BD from constantly trying to delete the file, and from claiming that full administrative privledges were not high enough to make changes to the folder, but it did not stop BD from blocking the process from running (brilliant!).

Okay, fine, I also manually excluded the process from scanning. No effect. Zero. None. Nada.

In order to use this file, which the programmer has decided to obfuscate using ConfuserEx to stop malicious users from decompiling his code and stealing his IP, I must:

1) disable On-access scanning completely (i.e. uncheck under BD>Protection>Antivirus>Shield)

2) launch the program in question

3) re-enable OAS manually

Now, I have to do this every time I want to run the piece of software that is excluded from OAS and ODS... That tells me that the exclusions for processes are being ignored by the AV.

This is quite disappointing, given BDs awards and reviews by AV reviewers.

Comments

• MrSandman
    edited August 2015
    As the title states, BitDefender TotalSecurity 2015 has decided a file I have been successfully executing for weeks, is now a trojan. It is not, so I simply excluded the folder from being scanned. This stopped BD from constantly trying to delete the file, and from claiming that full administrative privledges were not high enough to make changes to the folder, but it did not stop BD from blocking the process from running (brilliant!).

Okay, fine, I also manually excluded the process from scanning. No effect. Zero. None. Nada.

In order to use this file, which the programmer has decided to obfuscate using ConfuserEx to stop malicious users from decompiling his code and stealing his IP, I must:

1) disable On-access scanning completely (i.e. uncheck under BD>Protection>Antivirus>Shield)

2) launch the program in question

3) re-enable OAS manually

Now, I have to do this every time I want to run the piece of software that is excluded from OAS and ODS... That tells me that the exclusions for processes are being ignored by the AV.

This is quite disappointing, given BDs awards and reviews by AV reviewers.

I am experiencing the same thing. I try to run an app, it's in the exclusions so it doesn't get deleted. Yet the application still cannot be run unless I disable OAS.

• I am experiencing the same thing. I try to run an app, it's in the exclusions so it doesn't get deleted. Yet the application still cannot be run unless I disable OAS.

I am having the same problem. Seems to me that the exclusion option is not connected to the scanning engine. The only way around this for me is to shut down the on-acces option.

But it has all come to be a little too much hassle for me. I have contacted their support 3 times for the past two days, and only gotten a standard response refering to the FAQ section - and with no reply to my additional writing back as suggested in the mails. My last support request hasn't even got further than me receiving the confirmation email. I think that sort af behavior does not match the willingness their sales department shows.

My final solution is uninstalling the software and replacing it with Webroot, it has all the tweeking options I like and the exclusion has 3 options, Delete, Allow and Monitor.

Regards

• I am having the same problem. Seems to me that the exclusion option is not connected to the scanning engine. The only way around this for me is to shut down the on-acces option.

But it has all come to be a little too much hassle for me. I have contacted their support 3 times for the past two days, and only gotten a standard response refering to the FAQ section - and with no reply to my additional writing back as suggested in the mails. My last support request hasn't even got further than me receiving the confirmation email. I think that sort af behavior does not match the willingness their sales department shows.

My final solution is uninstalling the software and replacing it with Webroot, it has all the tweeking options I like and the exclusion has 3 options, Delete, Allow and Monitor.

Regards

I just uninstalled and requested a refund. Even with the exclusion on it write protects the folder so I can't make changes. So silly. If I exclude something I mean EXCLUDE it not lock it down. I'm going to give Kaspersky a try.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please read this article to know what to do when Bitdefender detects legitimate applications:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-to...ations-491.html

Also, if the file is detected by On-access scanning and you pick Excluded processes to add an exception, it only has effect in Active Virus Control. If you want to exclude a file from being scanned by On-access scanning do that in Excluded files and folders.

If you still need help please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com and we will get back to you asap.

Thank you.