Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall And Profile

Hi all,

I am struggling with bitdefender internet security 2015 since I have Windows 10 and updated newest BD to 2015.

1. Windows 10 gives a reply that BD antivirus is to old and Windows firewall and BD firewall aren't turned on, given by every start / restart cpu. BD is fully updated.

2. Can't get Windows defender turned on.

3. No Internet.

Solved this by:

1. Repear BD via software center, problem solved.

2. Closing service - Security center -, start windows defender, update defender, restart cpu.

3. Setting stealth off.

So far so good, but now I am struggling with the next things:

4. No torrent download, I can use internet

5. Profile changing at random when I start BD menu

6. Can't turn off firewall

7. No adapters in firewall settings / no stealth settings, etc.

The text you see in the pictures are in Dutch (sorry). Translated Picture firewall (turn on or off): Firewall can't communicate with BD safety service.

Hopefully somebody could help me to fix those problems.

Thx in advance,

Pedro67

post-193175-1439449198_thumb.png

post-193175-1439449261_thumb.png

post-193175-1439449270_thumb.png

Comments

• Hello Pedro67,

You should not have either the Windows Firewall or Windows Defender turned on, it sounds like you have a conflict of some kind. I would suggest you uninstall Bitdefender using the Bitdefender un-install tool and then download BD IS again.

You can find the links to uninstall and to download BD IS here - http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1452.html

Ro.

• Hi all,

I am struggling with bitdefender internet security 2015 since I have Windows 10 and updated newest BD to 2015.

1. Windows 10 gives a reply that BD antivirus is to old and Windows firewall and BD firewall aren't turned on, given by every start / restart cpu. BD is fully updated.

2. Can't get Windows defender turned on.

3. No Internet.

Solved this by:

1. Repear BD via software center, problem solved.

2. Closing service - Security center -, start windows defender, update defender, restart cpu.

3. Setting stealth off.

So far so good, but now I am struggling with the next things:

4. No torrent download, I can use internet

5. Profile changing at random when I start BD menu

6. Can't turn off firewall

7. No adapters in firewall settings / no stealth settings, etc.

The text you see in the pictures are in Dutch (sorry). Translated Picture firewall (turn on or off): Firewall can't communicate with BD safety service.

Hopefully somebody could help me to fix those problems.

Thx in advance,

Pedro67

Hi Pedro67,

Can't you keep using window's firewall when you want to use torrent?

Please check other messages with the button "search". Some other users probably had the same issue.

Regards,

L.

• Hello Pedro67,

You should not have either the Windows Firewall or Windows Defender turned on, it sounds like you have a conflict of some kind. I would suggest you uninstall Bitdefender using the Bitdefender un-install tool and then download BD IS again.

You can find the links to uninstall and to download BD IS here - http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1452.html

Ro.

Hello Rohugh,

Thx fore your reply. Your right about the firewall and I'll be aware of this, problem is that windows detected both are closed when I start / restart the cpu.

3 times I reinstalled BD, Some problems resolved and get another problem back.

• Just to confirm over descriptions - Windows Defender is the Windows Antivirus and should be turned off.

OK, there seems to be some possible corruption of files somewhere. Un-install Bitdefender in windows safe mode, that is the best way of getting rid of everything. Then re-install Bitdefender Internet Security, both from the link I gave. There is no need to manually turn off the Windows AV/Firewall as it should be turned off during BD installation. Yeah I know it is a bit of a pain but hopefully that will resolve your problem.

Also if you have any other security software (MBAM, anti-spyware etc), un-install them as well.

Ro.

• Hi Pedro67,

Can't you keep using window's firewall when you want to use torrent?

Please check other messages with the button "search". Some other users probably had the same issue.

Regards,

L.

Hi L,

I can't close BF firewall.

Get error: Firewall cannot communicate with BD safety services

Regards,

Pedro

• Lionet
    edited August 2015
    Hi L,

I can't close BF firewall.

Get error: Firewall cannot communicate with BD safet

Pedro

Hi 🙋 Pedro,

Deinstall BD in safe mode.

Regards,

L.

• Problems Solved.

As mentioned above (by you all), I deinstall BD with BD deinstall program, Restart cpu and install BD again with option <no> direct install updates.

Only stealth I turned off.

Seems to me that repair BD is not working properly.

Thx to you all for your replies.

Regards,

Pedro

• Hi,

Glad it is sorted, any further problems (hope there won't be) post back. :)

Ro.