Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Free Version For Windows 10

Options

Hi,

I've used the free version previously with a different version of the windows o.s. , I recently upgraded my computer to windows 10, and downloaded & installed version 1.0.21.1099 . I just want to make sure that it is indeed compatible with windows 10 o.s., and if not will they be releasing a different version that is compatible ?

Thanks,

David

Comments

• dch48
    Options
    Hi,

I've used the free version previously with a different version of the windows o.s. , I recently upgraded my computer to windows 10, and downloaded & installed version 1.0.21.1099 . I just want to make sure that it is indeed compatible with windows 10 o.s., and if not will they be releasing a different version that is compatible ?

Thanks,

David

It does work in 10 except that the web scanning might not. I hope they put out an update.

• Davy49
    Options

Hi Dch48,

I agree..hopefully a updated version will be released soon, to me though..free bitdefender is still better than the built-in software that windows includes ( Windows Defender ). Windows Defender requires too much interaction.

Thanks,

David ;)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hello,

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is not compatible with Windows 10.

You will be able to install it but there will be side effects including but not limited to inaccurate detection, unwanted false alarms of legitimate apps that come with Windows 10, etc.

As the best protection for the new OS, we would recommend one of the Bitdefender 2015 classic line products: Antivirus Plus, Internet Security, Total Security

We do not offer technical support for Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition on Windows 10.

• dch48
    Options
    Hello,

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is not compatible with Windows 10.

You will be able to install it but there will be side effects including but not limited to inaccurate detection, unwanted false alarms of legitimate apps that come with Windows 10, etc.

As the best protection for the new OS, we would recommend one of the Bitdefender 2015 classic line products: Antivirus Plus, Internet Security, Total Security

We do not offer technical support for Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition on Windows 10.

Okay, so it's getting uninstalled and I'm going to Windows Defender for the time being. It sounds like there will not be any update for the Free BD.

Avast just has too much bloat. I may break down and buy BD AV plus but I haven't decided yet.