Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is2008 Firewall Profile Name.

Options

I have been wondering why my BDIS2008 firewall profile name keeps reseting each time i restart my computer.

I once made a nice profile and renamed it. but then when i restart its named Default untrusted 1 next tiem 10 then 20 .... ceeks going on??

Sometimes it remembers the right profile.. any fix folution to this?

Thanks.

Comments

• I run BDIS2008 as well under Vista and the firewall profile feature is a big pain ! It keeps resetting my profile every once in a while and then I have to allow all my applications again. This is such a pain !

And the situation gets even worst when I start "Microsoft ActiveSync" or "Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote/SecureClient". BD does not handle very well multi-networks configuration.

I have to say that the situation got a little bit better since I upgraded to version 11.0.16 but still my profile get reset every once in a while.

And I have no idea what the "Apply the same generic profile to all networks" is supposed to do because however I check it or not, any new network would ask me permissions for all my applications again.

• andreidumi
    edited February 2008
    Options

giom & apache2k,

When you apply the generic profile, a new ruleset is used, which has to be fillled with application rules.

For example:

-you have now a default_untrusted_1 profile, ok?

-you go and check the option "aply tha same generic..."

-you are still on the default_untrusted_1 profile, because it is already there for the network you are in

-but when you log on to another/new network, you'll see that you'll have a generic profile, for which you have to build rules

-the network will stay on generic profile as long as you don't enter a network for which you have already configured a custom profile, like default_untrusted_1 profile

So, if you have dynamic IP allocation, check the option and leave it checked, build rules for the generic profile, and when your IP changes, you won't be asked again to allow the same applications

Hope this helped.

• Hi Andrei Dumitru

Could you please detail what you mean by "as long as you don't enter a network for which you have already configured a custom profile" ? Do you mean "enter" its name ? or connect back to that network ?

How do you exactly "build rules for the generic profile" ?

Thanks

• Thanks for the ansver.

But what if my ip is not dynamic?(in this case it not) BD support wrote me by email, install a fresh one?? :)

( this was a fresh one )

• -you go and check the option "aply tha same generic..."

-you are still on the default_untrusted_1 profile, because it is already there for the network you are in

-but when you log on to another/new network, you'll see that you'll have a generic profile, for which you have to build rules

-the network will stay on generic profile as long as you don't enter a network for which you have already configured a custom profile, like default_untrusted_1 profile

When was the generic profile feature added into BD-2008? I have an open ticket related to this and BD support never mentioned they finally got around to fixing it.

Also, does BD maintain a release history indicating what changes have been made to the programs? The release history on this forum only indicates which program files have changed (see http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=3348).

• Tom,

i don't know if the changes will be submitted also along with the program files. The Generic Profile feature was introduced with the update to the 11.0.16 version on Bidefender.

giom,

sorry for the late answer. For the firtst question, i ment connect back to that network. And for "the second, build the rules means to add the rules normally, just as you did before for other profiles, but this time the rules will be "built" for the generic profile. :) but maybe you figured it out by now, anyway.

apache2k,

it doesn't matter what type of IP you are assigned, i gave that advice because the profile resetting issue was present mostly on computers with dynamic IP. so there is no problem using generic profile with a static IP

• i don't know if the changes will be submitted also along with the program files. The Generic Profile feature was introduced with the update to the 11.0.16 version on Bidefender.

When was 11.0.16 introduced? The last entry on the update page is for 11.0.15:

Product Update:

Date: February 05, 2008

Product Build: 11.0.15

Can one of the moderators prepare a list of the significant changes since BD-2008 was officially released?

• andreidumi
    edited March 2008
    Options

The big 11.0.15 update, from the previous 11.0.14 was on December 7, 2007. The update from 11.0.15 to 11.0.16 was sometime around the 13th on February. Check your History from Security Center and look for an update log with lots of files, like the one to 11.0.15 posted here.

• yann
    Options

Hello,

There is a simple trick to keep off firewall name profile change.

Assume that your generic profile named 'default' with your own parameters.

If the firewall name profile change like 'default_untrusted_1', just enter the previous name 'default' (pay attention to uppercase letters) and clic Rename. Like this your previous profile is resetting with all your parameters.

Cordially,

Yann

• alexcrist
    Options
    When was 11.0.16 introduced? The last entry on the update page is for 11.0.15:

Product Update:

Date: February 05, 2008

Product Build: 11.0.15

Can one of the moderators prepare a list of the significant changes since BD-2008 was officially released?

Yes, I know the topic is out-of-date. But it's only partly my fault.

I'm using (and monitoring) the Romanian version. This version updated to 11.0.16 just a few days ago (about 3 days, if I'm not mistaking), because it took some time until the release was translated to my language. The update will be posted in the topic as soon as possible.

Cris.

• Tom,

i don't know if the changes will be submitted also along with the program files. The Generic Profile feature was introduced with the update to the 11.0.16 version on Bidefender.

giom,

sorry for the late answer. For the firtst question, i ment connect back to that network. And for "the second, build the rules means to add the rules normally, just as you did before for other profiles, but this time the rules will be "built" for the generic profile. :) but maybe you figured it out by now, anyway.

apache2k,

it doesn't matter what type of IP you are assigned, i gave that advice because the profile resetting issue was present mostly on computers with dynamic IP. so there is no problem using generic profile with a static IP

I had to reinstall my bitdefender, I had the spanish version but it hadn't updated to the 11.0.16.

I have the "apply to generic profile" option checked, but every time it resets to a new default network doesn't remember the old rules, and I have to do teach the firewall again. Do I have to do something else?

Thanks for the help!!

• bringing the topic back on top... help anyone?