Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender System Scan Stuck After 17 Hours Of Scanning

Options

Hello everyone,

I've just installed yesterday Bitdefender 2015, I started a system scan: first it get stuck at 33% for about 1 hour,and now stuck at 45% for like 13 hours. I left my PC turned ON this night to see some progress but nothing.

I have 1To HDD : 722 Go used

Should I stop the scan ?

Can someone please help me ?

1428149383-sans-titre.png

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Jaafar and welcome to the forum,

Yes, you should stop the scan as that is far too long even for a first scan.

Run a repair on Bitdefender - Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender 2015> double click and choose "Repair". Let it complete and reboot your computer.

Try first with a quick scan and if that is OK then run a System Scan - first time it can take a while and often hangs (for me) at 45% but usually completes within a couple of hours. If you have any other security programs installed - anti-malware, anti-spyware of anti adware, it is best to uninstall them.

If you still have problems, post back.

Ro.

• cool6m
    Options

Thank you for your fast reply, I'll do it and let you know if it works (sorry for my bad english, I usually talk French)

• cool6m
    Options

I did what you told me to do and there is a screenshot (stuck at 44%)

It needs more time ?

1428163775-sans-titre.png

• Rohugh
    Options

Did you run a quick scan? If so I assume it was ok. Yes, give it a while longer, about an hour. As I said mine will hang on 44% and then complete quickly in a matter of minutes.

If you still have problems it is going to be best to contact Bitdefender.

Ro.

• cool6m
    Options

Yes I did run a quick scan and didn't find nothing suspicous. I'll give it a while. Thanks for the help.

• daman1
    Options

Depending on how many files your system has that will impact scan times. Mine takes over 1 hour to complete.

• Hello Jaafar and welcome to the forum,

Yes, you should stop the scan as that is far too long even for a first scan.

Run a repair on Bitdefender - Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender 2015> double click and choose "Repair". Let it complete and reboot your computer.

Try first with a quick scan and if that is OK then run a System Scan - first time it can take a while and often hangs (for me) at 45% but usually completes within a couple of hours. If you have any other security programs installed - anti-malware, anti-spyware of anti adware, it is best to uninstall them.

If you still have problems, post back.

Ro.

I'm having the same problems as him. Does this mean you can't run those things with BitDefender?

• Rohugh
    Options
    I'm having the same problems as him. Does this mean you can't run those things with BitDefender?

Bitdefender do not recommend that other security programs be used at the same time. This applies especially to those that are active, i.e. real time scanning as they can conflict and cause problems.

Ro.

• The system scan takes a very long time. It took almost 2 hours on my system. I hope it takes less time after that first one. Does it or not?

• The system scan takes a very long time. It took almost 2 hours on my system. I hope it takes less time after that first one. Does it or not?

I did another system scan and it only took 3 minutes and 53 seconds.