Can't Register

Ok, I just installed Bitdefender Free Edition after installing Windows on a new harddrive. Everything seems to working fine execpt I can;t log in to register. I get a message that says, The connection to the server has failed. The product could not be activated. on the user interface where it says, My Bitdefender and has the Login button, it says, Could not find server. I now have 29 days left to register. How can I do that ?

Comments

• Ok, I just installed Bitdefender Free Edition after installing Windows on a new harddrive. Everything seems to working fine execpt I can;t log in to register. I get a message that says, The connection to the server has failed. The product could not be activated. on the user interface where it says, My Bitdefender and has the Login button, it says, Could not find server. I now have 29 days left to register. How can I do that ?

The same is happening to me. When I open the user interface the program tries to connect, but after a few seconds it gives up. I have created an account through the website, but I can't register the copy of Bitdefender I have installed on my PC.

• Claw
    edited September 2015

Hey tqiu72,

I'm not sure what's going on but I going to try and reinstall it, if I don't hear anything by later on, I'll try a different AV. I was using the free version to see how good it was before moving on to a paid version of BD, but it don't look too promising at this point.

• Hi Claw,

after reading other threads in this forum I realized that the inability of register the program is a quite long-standing problem (see this). Also, the complete absence of responses and other threads (especially this) convinced me to quickly uninstall this antivirus and find other free solutions.

• I'm with you tqiu72. I'm keeping it installed on an old laptop running xp that I don't use just to see if anything ever happens to it at the end of the 30 days. I'll keep you informed. :)

• Thanks to Bitdefender email support the issue has been fixed.

• graciliano
    edited September 2015
    Thanks to Bitdefender email support the issue has been fixed.

This is good news. Thank you, Claw, for patiently pushing this issue forward.

• This is good news. Thank you, Claw, for patiently pushing this issue forward.

Hey, You're welcome. Bitdefender Free is a good product that I use and install on other computers.