Safepay Question: Connection Through Vpn?

Just read a post recently about internet connection via Safepay will go through a VPN

Is that real?

I tried IP allocation site like whatsmyip, the IP display is still the same as without using Safepay.

Question is if its not VPN protected, could anyone kindly explain how the connection is protected in any way?

Comments

• Just read a post recently about internet connection via Safepay will go through a VPN

Is that real?

I tried IP allocation site like whatsmyip, the IP display is still the same as without using Safepay.

Question is if its not VPN protected, could anyone kindly explain how the connection is protected in any way?

Safepay is a secure hacker-proof browser. check the description and features Bitdefender Safepay product page

For my protection I use Private Network VPN UK

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

Hello,

yeah safepay uses VPN that automatically start when you open safepay and you are connected to an unsecure wifi.

• Just read a post recently about internet connection via Safepay will go through a VPN

Is that real?

The VPN is utilized when system connects to unencrypted network - typically hot spot\public Wifi. Treat hot spot as Public adapter.

If your home Wifi is encrypted then VPN will not be utilized. If you set up cable router and designated encryption standard for router, then it is encrypted.