Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Games.

Options
kpopwashere
edited October 2015 in Protection

Hey there! :)

Im new here so sorry if I haven't posted in the right section ><

I've been having this problem that my game, League of Legends wouldn't launch, it would take hours to launch when usually it launchs instantly, I got asked their support team for help and did alot of things from putting the .exe in exceptions and changing internet settings and ended up coming to the point to Uninstall the Antivirus.

After uninstalling it, the launcher suddenly started to work. This happened and is happening with Bitdefender 2015 and 2016. I decided to try the 2016 thinking it would work but same thing happening again ._. I REALLY like Bitdefender but I don't understand why it conflicts with League, :( I think a few people have had solved this issue aswell by removing their antivirus, but I don't know if its Bitdefender. I tried turning of the Active Virus Control and it took a short time to load, but still didn't go instant o_o.

It would be great if you could help find a solution for this, or a workaround :)

If theres any more info you need feel free to ask, I don't really know what else to put in :)

Thanks!~ :wub:

Comments

• urOk
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hey there! :)

Im new here so sorry if I haven't posted in the right section ><

I've been having this problem that my game, League of Legends wouldn't launch, it would take hours to launch when usually it launchs instantly, I got asked their support team for help and did alot of things from putting the .exe in exceptions and changing internet settings and ended up coming to the point to Uninstall the Antivirus.

After uninstalling it, the launcher suddenly started to work. This happened and is happening with Bitdefender 2015 and 2016. I decided to try the 2016 thinking it would work but same thing happening again ._. I REALLY like Bitdefender but I don't understand why it conflicts with League, :( I think a few people have had solved this issue aswell by removing their antivirus, but I don't know if its Bitdefender. I tried turning of the Active Virus Control and it took a short time to load, but still didn't go instant o_o.

It would be great if you could help find a solution for this, or a workaround :)

If theres any more info you need feel free to ask, I don't really know what else to put in :)

Thanks!~ :wub:

Add folder with games to exclusions. Go to Modules/Antivirus/Exclusions. You can add single file exe or folder with files. In your case will be better to add folder so BD will not block nor scan it. Also write a ticket to service ask them for fix. And check in firewall if launcher is listed there if so, check if BD allow or deny connection to the internet for this file.

• Add folder with games to exclusions. Go to Modules/Antivirus/Exclusions. You can add single file exe or folder with files. In your case will be better to add folder so BD will not block nor scan it. Also write a ticket to service ask them for fix. And check in firewall if launcher is listed there if so, check if BD allow or deny connection to the internet for this file.

Thanks for the reply, I've done the putting the folder in exclusions before, but I still had the problem. I'll send a ticket to service if they could fix it, thanks!

• Thanks for the reply, I've done the putting the folder in exclusions before, but I still had the problem. I'll send a ticket to service if they could fix it, thanks!

I've had the same problem and adding the programs as an exception does not work for me either. The problem has existed for over a week now and the affected game (GTA V) keeps telling me to connect my network although all other programs have no problem with network access. Bitdefender 2016 is a far cry from it's former version 2015. I regret upgrading as I've had nothing but problems with Bitdefender 2016 and constant resetting of Bitdefender settings.

• I am new to bit defender for 2 weeks now.

I did uninstall it because i cant play my favorite game.

I did add also

EpicGamesLauncher.exe

to severall axclusions, still the "network problems" so i can't log in.

A few days ago it worked all okay, because i had turned off "wallet" in pravacy.

Something told me to turn it on because i wasnt protected.

Cant game.

Then i turned off wallet etc again, still i cant game.

I'll try for another few minutes before i have to uninstall Bitdefender again.

I am so frustrated, i payed for bitdefender and now i cant use the pc like i want to.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya Grommie,

Yep, it is a pain when your games are blocked. However, to help sort this please complete the Sample or URL Submit form so Bitdefender can sort this out for you.

http://www.bitdefender.com/submit/

Thanks.

Ro.

• Grommie
    edited December 2015
    Options

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" http=wininet

Added "http=wininet" at the end of the shortcut ;)

Works again.

MSI Z170A GAMING M5 | i7-6700k 4GHz | 4x4GB DDR4 - 2666MHz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | ASUS IPS 120Hz 1440P | Audioengine D1 + Sennheiser HD555 | WIN 10 x64

Maybe Bitdefender knows how to make a solution now ?