Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Find And Delete Help_decrypt Virus

Options

hi

sir there is HELP_DECRYPT virus in my xp sp3 this virus has infected my zip files also i have bought just today bitdefender 2015 for 1 year after full scan not delete this virus please guide me how to get rid of this ###### virus ......and what benefit for paid user for this if it is working like trail free version?

Comments

• Lionet
    edited October 2015
    Options
    hi

sir there is HELP_DECRYPT virus in my xp sp3 this virus has infected my zip files also i have bought just today bitdefender 2015 for 1 year after full scan not delete this virus please guide me how to get rid of this ###### virus ......and what benefit for paid user for this if it is working like trail free version?

Hi khokhar,

Welcome on the forum!

It is often useless to install an antivirus after the damage occured... whatever the AV (free or not).

You'd better get the infection out with an analysis in safe mode.

You need to make a BD rescue disk and start the computer on it.

Check below:

rescue disk

It is possible to use a usb key too, but I had some trouble with it when I did the operation, I'd rather consider a cd-rom (cd-rom are quite chea.p nowadays...) to install the iso file of the rescue program you'd better download from a safe, clean computer at first.

When you start the rescue disk, it takes some time to analyse the system.

If you recover the system ( I did it three times out of three on friends's machine with success, but no guarantee) you will be able to reinstall BD 2015 and analyse any other peripherals disk (usb...) to check first if they are not infected too).

If your virus is "decrypt protect virus" it is a ransomware. Never pay anything to anyone...

If you still use XP SP3, you'd better be extremely cautious, XP is no longer supported by Micro*soft

Regards,

L.