Version Upgradation

I have BD 2015 installed in my system ,how to upgrade to version 2016 ,i have windows 10 installed in my machine

Comments

• I have BD 2015 installed in my system ,how to upgrade to version 2016 ,i have windows 10 installed in my machine

You start with the uninstall tool for your version http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/unins...sumer_paid.html . (VERY IMPORTANT to use this tool)

Then you download your version (total security is http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html ) . You click try a 30 days trial (this will be the latest 2016 version) you download and you enter your key.

• You start with the uninstall tool for your version http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/unins...sumer_paid.html . (VERY IMPORTANT to use this tool)

Then you download your version (total security is http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html ) . You click try a 30 days trial (this will be the latest 2016 version) you download and you enter your key.

i ran alll in one BD uninstaller but it did not help. Installer installed version 2015

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    i ran alll in one BD uninstaller but it did not help. Installer installed version 2015

Uninstall BD2015 from Control Panel-->Programs&Features-->Bitdefender 2015-->right click-->Uninstall-->Restart-->Programs&Features-->Uninstall Bitdefender Agent

Then use the 2016 Bitdefender Uninstall tool to remove any remnants

Now create/login to your Central Account(Make sure you have an active subscription )-->click on "Install Bitdefender" in the top right -->Windows-->On this device-->Download the installer

Install from the downloaded setup

or

Try downloading from here ---> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59500

• Uninstall BD2015 from Control Panel-->Programs&Features-->Bitdefender 2015-->right click-->Uninstall-->Restart-->Programs&Features-->Uninstall Bitdefender Agent

Then use the 2016 Bitdefender Uninstall tool to remove any remnants

Now create/login to your Central Account(Make sure you have an active subscription )-->click on "Install Bitdefender" in the top right -->Windows-->On this device-->Download the installer

Install from the downloaded setup

or

Try downloading from here ---> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59500

SOMEHOW I AM ABLE TO INSTALL BD 2016 VERSION BUT AFTER INSTALLATION THE ICON IS GREYED OUT AND IF I HOVER MOUSE INTO IT IT SHOWS PLS SIGN IN TO ACTIVATE BITDEFENDER .

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    SOMEHOW I AM ABLE TO INSTALL BD 2016 VERSION BUT AFTER INSTALLATION THE ICON IS GREYED OUT AND IF I HOVER MOUSE INTO IT IT SHOWS PLS SIGN IN TO ACTIVATE BITDEFENDER .

Try the above method exactly as I mentioned...See if the issue persists

If it does then instead of downloading and installing from within central, download the online installer directly from the forum link I provided and install......Keep Bitdefender Central account open in your default browser ...After the installation is finished sign in to your central account from BD dashboard

You need to make a clean install first

• Try the above method exactly as I mentioned...See if the issue persists

If it does then instead of downloading and installing from within central, download the online installer directly from the forum link I provided and install......Keep Bitdefender Central account open in your default browser ...After the installation is finished sign in to your central account from BD dashboard

i make clean installation everytime . In online installer it always fails saying check you speed although i have good internet speed of 120kbps. I am frustrated really offline installer installs but icon is greyed out nothing happend after clicking and online installer fails in mid

• Try the above method exactly as I mentioned...See if the issue persists

FINALLY FINALLY !!

I got my BD 2016 installed hurrey :D one mistake i was doing i was skipping login of central in BD desktop pop up window which is i think BD agent.

Just one question and one problem . What is PARANOID Mode ? And my problem is that wifi is keep disconnecting :(

• FINALLY FINALLY !!

I got my BD 2016 installed hurrey :D one mistake i was doing i was skipping login of central in BD desktop pop up window which is i think BD agent.

Just one question and one problem . What is PARANOID Mode ? And my problem is that wifi is keep disconnecting :(

One problem more,when i click go to BD central option it opens this..

post-194351-1445353129_thumb.png

post-194351-1445353156_thumb.png

post-194351-1445353167_thumb.png

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited October 2015

You can find the details of how Paranoid Mode works in the User Manual, section 22.5

I had the problem with the old beta page opening instead of the current Central, I solved it by clearing cache and cookies on my browser.

Re your WiFi connection, ensure your Firewall is ON and in the Adapters tab set it to -

"Network Type" select "Home/Office"

"Stealth Mode" select "Off"

"Generic" select "On"

• You can find the details of how Paranoid Mode works in the User Manual, section 22.5

I had the problem with the old beta page opening instead of the current Central, I solved it by clearing cache and cookies on my browser.

Re your WiFi connection, ensure your Firewall is ON and in the Adapters tab set it to -

"Network Type" select "Home/Office"

"Stealth Mode" select "Off"

"Generic" select "On"

Thanks a lot man !

sadly new version i,e 2016 increased boot timing and application loading times

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited October 2015

There are a couple of things you can do with the boot time. Make sure that Fast Startup is enabled in Windows 10, this will make a difference with normal shut down/start up but will still be the same (ie longer) if you use "Restart".

You can also disable the Bitdefender Early Boot Scan, go to BD GUI>Protection>Antivirus>check the "Custom" box and open the "Miscellaneous tab. Un-check the "Early Boot Scan".

Ro.

• There are a couple of things you can do with the boot time. Make sure that Fast Startup is enabled in Windows 10, this will make a difference with normal shut down/start up but will still be the same (ie longer) if you use "Restart".

You can also disable the Bitdefender Early Boot Scan, go to BD GUI>Protection>Antivirus>check the "Custom" box and open the "Miscellaneous tab. Un-check the "Early Boot Scan".

Ro.

That work bro ! ur genius heheh..

bro specially on windows 10 BD always shows gaming profile enabled even when i dont have any games installed,and there is no pilot icon is BD icon which means auto pilot is on even when its already on heheh what to do now?

post-194351-1445396435_thumb.png

• That work bro ! ur genius heheh..

bro specially on windows 10 BD always shows gaming profile enabled even when i dont have any games installed,and there is no pilot icon is BD icon even when its already on heheh what to do now? It doesnot shift to movie profile either when i play movie

I have version 20.0.20.1143

• bro specially on windows 10 BD always shows gaming profile enabled even when i dont have any games installed

Does this happen even after restarting your PC ?

Profiles are triggered when there are such applications running in background....Check your task manager if you have any such apps running silently

and there is no pilot icon is BD icon which means auto pilot is on even when its already on heheh what to do now?

Its normal for "Work", "Game" and "Movie" profiles

Default Profile is "Standard"

The purpose of autopilot is to not bother user at the most extent.....So if the profiles are triggered automatically then you are running on autopilot

• Does this happen even after restarting your PC ?

Profiles are triggered when there are such applications running in background....Check your task manager if you have any such apps running silently

Its normal for "Work", "Game" and "Movie" profiles

Default Profile is "Standard"

The purpose of autopilot is to not bother user at the most extent.....So if the profiles are triggered automatically then you are running on autopilot

When i start my laptop at any condition even when i watch movie it remains of game mode,if i restart it comes to standard again when i shut down-start again back to game mode

• When i start my laptop at any condition even when i watch movie it remains of game mode,if i restart it comes to standard again when i shut down-start again back to game mode

bro there is nothing in background even i have disabled Nvidia drivers completely then also by default always there is gaming profile enabled

• Go to the GUI>Tools>Profiles and set it to as shown in the attachment.

Open the GUI and make sure the Standard profile is set top right under profiles.

It should not now change at all no matter what you are doing. If you want it in another mode you need to change it manually.

post-175392-1445427798_thumb.jpg

• Go to the GUI>Tools>Profiles and set it to as shown in the attachment.

Open the GUI and make sure the Standard profile is set top right under profiles.

It should not now change at all no matter what you are doing. If you want it in another mode you need to change it manually.

Now profiles will not change automatically right ,i manually have to change them?

• Now profiles will not change automatically right ,i manually have to change them?

Bro one more problem i have noticed that ,when i open banking website or i pay online safepay browser never openes automatically even when i chose option to automatically open websites in safepay option,its really wierd.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Now profiles will not change automatically right ,i manually have to change them?

Yes, if you are going to play a game, just open the GUI and change the profile.

I have always found the profiles a bit of a pain and never used them since BD 2015 was released. However, they should work correctly and if you want to try repairing BD you can - All Apps>Bitdefender 2016>Uninstall or Repair, let it complete and reboot.

• Bro one more problem i have noticed that ,when i open banking website or i pay online safepay browser never openes automatically even when i chose option to automatically open websites in safepay option,its really wierd.

Sorry missed this one :( and you posted the original question in the wrong forum.

I can't help with this as I don't have Chrome, and with SafePay I always add all my banking/pay sites to the bookmarks in the Safepay browser so if I am using one I go straight to SafePay.

• Sorry missed this one :( and you posted the original question in the wrong forum.

I can't help with this as I don't have Chrome, and with SafePay I always add all my banking/pay sites to the bookmarks in the Safepay browser so if I am using one I go straight to SafePay.

Ok mate thanks a lot alot :)