Brand New Keys: Invalidated By Bitdefender.

AvoTech
edited October 2015 in Installation

I have 4 remaining sealed DVDs of Bitdefender Internet Security 2012.

I have been using these for clients over the last 10 months, however, Bitdefender have now decided to invalidate my keys so I cannot use £120 worth of software. These keys are brand new, from sealed boxes, two of which I've not opened yet, but the two I have won't activate because BITDEFENDER INVALIDATED THEM.

I expect them to reimburse me £120 as the product does not come with an expiry date and are therefore liable for this loss.

Now before you close this topic, please consider the fact that bitdefender 'customer care' or lack of, seem to be completely ignoring this matter. I have had no correspondence from a capable human being. I shall therefore keep posting until I make some progress.

Considering how much I spend annually on Bitdefender products, both home and business including gravity zone, I find the lack of support I have received troubling. I may have to consider moving my clients to other service providers, service is everything and I am not receiving any.

Comments

• Now before you close this topic, please consider the fact that bitdefender 'customer care' or lack of, seem to be completely ignoring this matter. I have had no correspondence from a capable human being. I shall therefore keep posting until I make some progress.

Hiya,

You had contact from Tech Support yesterday along with a ticket reference for your case.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=237975

Ro.

• Hiya,

You had contact from Tech Support yesterday along with a ticket reference for your case.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=237975

Ro.

I've already submitted a case which led to no correspondence and yesterday that guy opened another.

Am I being naive here, is there somewhere to view the progress of tickets, or am I emailed directly?

• BITDEFENDER are doing something that surely is illegal and expiring genuine brand new sealed retail dvd licenses. I have multiple retail sealed dvd of older products and BitDefender have retired the keys and made them invalidated.

this is horrible of bitdefender to something like this, I have genuine sealed items have contacted BitDefender send photos of my licenses and of the original packaging the items came in. its also got no expiry date on the software packaging, so there is nothing on there saying that BitDefender will retire older products.

I have contacted bitdefender 2 weeks ago and their support is crap no one replies to emails and no one bothers to solve the issue quickly.

I have already reported bitdefender to UK trading standards and have been advised to contact EU trading commission to raise a formal complaint about bitdefender trading practises and how they are committing fraud by taking money for software's already paid for and then not honouring the license to function.

I have done nothing wrong and purchased their retail product in good faith, by opening the packaging I have excluded myself from UK distance selling laws and cannot return it and bitdefender have not given me a solution after 2 weeks of contacting their support team 3 times and I get generic please wait email response.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A 2011/2012/2013 product and is having this problem activating the older license key, you are being taken advantage of, bitdefender are committing fraud to us and need to be stopped. So please report this to your local trading standards office and also to the EU trading committee to have bitdefender investigated.

I am sure bitdefender will delete this post to silence me but they are disgusting in what they are doing to genuine buyers.