Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Will Bitdefender Total Security 2008 Work With Vista Service Pack 1?

Options

Vista Service Pack 1 is out already and I was wondering if BitDefender Total Security 2008 will work with Vista SP1? Has there been any testing with the new service pack yet?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear djnickz06,

All BitDefender 2008 produtcts are compatible with service pack 1.

Best regards

Niels

• Vista Service Pack 1 is out already and I was wondering if BitDefender Total Security 2008 will work with Vista SP1? Has there been any testing with the new service pack yet?

I saw this today http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iOAz_17...VXxDxQD8VFQNN00 It seems there is a problem :mellow:

• I saw this today http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iOAz_17...VXxDxQD8VFQNN00 It seems there is a problem :mellow:

According to that article there, it is actually Bit Defender 10 that would not work with Vista SP1, not Bit Defender 2008. I actually read that a couple hours ago but wanted to make sure if Bit Defender 2008 would actually work with Vista SP1.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Caneman,

That is only for the previous version of BitDefender solutions and not related to the 2008 products.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear djnickz06,

All BitDefender 2008 produtcts are compatible with service pack 1.

Best regards

Niels

Have there been confirmed test with Vista SP1 yet? Just want to make sure. ;)

• Dear Caneman,

That is only for the previous version of BitDefender solutions and not related to the 2008 products.

Best regards

Niels

Thanks for the infomation Niels,

Regards,

CaneMan

• Nevermind. Found page on what applications won't work or will not run on Vista SP1.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...mp;x=16&y=9

Thanks for the information Niels!

• Niels
    Options

Dear djnickz06,

There isn't a specific test available. But so far as I know there aren't any problems reported on this forum with people who already have service pack 1 installed.

Best regards

Niels

• msr
    Options

BitDefender are making a bad PR mistake here - every article about Vista SP1 says it won't work, but they don't seem to reply that a) it does and B) the upgrade is free.

msr

• Ivo
    Options

I can confirm that it works on SP1, been running it since SP1 came out.

• Niels
    Options
    BitDefender are making a bad PR mistake here - every article about Vista SP1 says it won't work, but they don't seem to reply that a) it does and B) the upgrade is free.

msr

Dear msr,

How is it BitDefender fault that most of the news sites doesn't have correctly taken the information that was placed on the windows knonledgebase? In fact it's the fault of the people who wrote about it and forget to mention the version. Only the the users of the free edition might be affected at this moment most of the users who had previously version 10 installed are now running version 11 (2008 products).

Best regards

Niels

• Hy,

I have problems with the german version of Bitdefender Internet Security 2008 and Vista SP1. I can not install Bitdefender on a new Vista Ultimate with SP1.

By Micha

• herba71
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Hy,

I have problems with the german version of Bitdefender Internet Security 2008 and Vista SP1. I can not install Bitdefender on a new Vista Ultimate with SP1.

By Micha

You fix the problem or not?

• MichaW2000
    edited March 2008
    Options

No, the Support can not Help me.

The current version is Beta for SP1!

• Niels
    Options

Dear MichaW2000,

Try this right click on the installer and choose run as administrator.Be sure that you are also logged in as an administrator. If you downloaded the installer try what is written here . See if you now are able to install it. Did you downloaded the correct version? I mean 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear MichaW2000,

Try this right click on the installer and choose run as administrator.Be sure that you are also logged in as an administrator. If you downloaded the installer try what is written here . See if you now are able to install it. Did you downloaded the correct version? I mean 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Best regards

Niels

Hi, I have done it so. But ther is no other result.

• Niels
    Options

Dear MichaW2000,

Can you be more specific? Does the installer doesn't start at all?

Download this tool. Install it and look for any reference to BitDefender select it press on remove confirm the warning. Download also ccleaner.Uncheck yahoo toolbar during installation. Start the program and run the cleaner. Use also the registry tool. Reboot your pc. Try to install BitDefender again by trying my previous suggestions. Let's try this log in into another account or create an account and try to run the installer from there this to see if the problem doesn't lays with your current user account.

Best regards

Niels