Never Updated? After Manual Update.

esau
edited October 2015 in Update

Greetings, I seem to be experiencing an issue I'm unable to resolve on my own.

I'm using Bit Defender Internet Security 2016 - the promo version with six months trial etc, 156 days remaining.

Since I've starting using it, BD has ran without issue. But lately however (last two weeks), after every reboot BD informs me:

"You are at risk and to fix all issues. Last update: Never."

I manually run the update each time just to be sure. But when I do run the update manually, BD, starts the check for an update for a few seconds and then quickly returns to showing that I am protected, with green text "You are protected. Your system is safe. Last update: Today"

This occurs on every reboot, or after any shutdown. Any insight or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Greetings, I seem to be experiencing an issue I'm unable to resolve on my own.

I'm using Bit Defender Internet Security 2016 - the promo version with six months trial etc, 156 days remaining.

Since I've starting using it, BD has ran without issue. But lately however (last two weeks), after every reboot BD informs me:

"You are at risk and to fix all issues. Last update: Never."

I manually run the update each time just to be sure. But when I do run the update manually, BD, starts the check for an update for a few seconds and then quickly returns to showing that I am protected, with green text "You are protected. Your system is safe. Last update: Today"

This occurs on every reboot, or after any shutdown. Any insight or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Open the GUI, Click the person icon at the top. Click Events, Chose Update All and All. See if there are any error messages and/or updates showing. Note what it says. Taking an actual picture of what it says would be better.

Close Events, Click on the person icon at the top. Click General Settings, Click Update, Make sure Auto update is on; i.e. showing blue with a checkmark. If you want you can change the Update Every hours by sliding the rectangle across the bar.

If Auto update was off hopefully turning it on will solve the problem

In Auto update was on I recommend runnning a repair by going to Windows Apps in the Control Panel and clicking Bitdefender to uninstall. You will get two options 1. To uninstall completely, ignore that and 2 to Repair. Choose Repair. After Bitdefender has run the repair, reinstalled and beccomes Awake open the GUI and make sure Auto updates is on.

If you are still getting the error message post back and note in your post or a picture would be better what it said in Events Update All All before the repair and what it says after the repair.

Posting what it said before the repair and what it is saying after the repair could be useful if turning on Auto updates and/or a repair does not solve the problem.

• esau
    edited October 2015

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Some information I neglected to add to my original post.

OS: Win 10 home (free upgrade from win 7 home). 64 bit.

Other software running: MBAM Premium

Update settings seemed fine to me, perhaps I missed something though.

Update events showed no errors, though I was unable to increase the GUI size to show all events, I did however check them all, and no errors were reported. If there is a way to increase GUI size, please advise.

After I repaired and rebooted, BD showed I was protected, and last update was today. However, there were no events in the update event logs. I assume because I had updated BD manually before posting here and before the repair.

-------------------------------------------------

***Screenshots, first two are from before repair suggestion. ***

post-195643-1445364359_thumb.png

post-195643-1445364378_thumb.png

----------------------------------------------------

***Second two are after repair and required reboot.***

post-195643-1445364443_thumb.png

post-195643-1445364458_thumb.png

• esau
    edited October 2015

The issue still persists. Nothing in the settings has been changed, and the updates appear to be going as scheduled. But When I reboot my system, I must manually attempt an update before BD ssays I am protected.

Question, if I uninstall will I be able to reinstall and still have the remainder of the trial? I currently have 154 days remaining, does my BD profile I created when I installed the trial retain that information for such things like re-installations? If I missed the text that explains that, I apologize. I did try to find information pertaining to that but perhaps I missed it.

Thanks.

• esau
    edited November 2015

This issue still persists.

Perhaps its because I'm using the the 6 month trial, I don't know, but I've tried reaching BD support via the GUI twice now and have not heard anything back from them. The problem it appears is beyond of the scope of the forums. Though I do appreciate that Nesivos offered some helpful suggestions.

I've done all of the above mentioned suggestions, as well I have now twice uninstalled using Revo and reinstalled, all to no avail.

I've also uninstalled MBAM to see if it was causing this, but it appears it wasn't.

Since I have no idea whether the program is truly working correctly, I've decided to move back to my previous protection program.

Again, thanks Nesivos for offering some assistance. Thanks Bit Defender for the trial offer. I liked the program and wished it could have worked, but unfortunately the lack of support is troublesome for me.