Why Are There No Change Logs?

Why does Bitdefender still seem incapable of producing change logs?

Why is no one at Bitdefender bothering?

Why do Bitdefender find this so difficult?

Surely it's not that complex to produce a list of fixes/changes?

Comments

• Why does Bitdefender still seem incapable of producing change logs?

Why is no one at Bitdefender bothering?

Why do Bitdefender find this so difficult?

Surely it's not that complex to produce a list of fixes/changes?

That is a good question. Christian used to post a minimal change log up through Bitdefender 2015 but nothing on Bitdefender 2016.

Having said that, Change logs don't usually provide useful information, though there are exceptions (see below). If you ae using an app and you like it you will continue to use it regardless of what the change log says. Change logs might be useful for marketing people selling an app/program to enterprises. Then again an updated feature list would probably suffice.

As far consumers go some software companies still publish change logs. Some are very cyptic, like fixed general bugs or improved GUI. Others are more detailed. Having said that I did find a Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit change log useful. In their latest update they indicated that Libre Office Suite is now protected. As a result I switched my office suite from Open Office, which is not protected by default in MBAE to Libre Office Suite which now is. Both products are basically internally the same though Libre is updated more frequently and more popular than Open Office.

However, in the case of Bitdefender they are not going to add new features to their annual products When Christian used to post minimal change logs all they ever said was fixed so and so or such and such. Well ISTM if someone is having a problem with a Bitdefender and there is an update, the user will be able to tell soon enough if the problem was fixed without having to see a change log. If the problem isn't fixed they can just open a Support Ticket (good luck) or post here that the problem still remains (maybe better luck) or phone Bitdefender support (best option).

This discussion has been closed.