Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Is Bitdefender Scanning My Computer Like 20 Times A Day

So i recently purchased bitdefender 2014 total security. It does a great job except for the fact that it seems like it is scanning my computer constantly. It keeps doing these idle scans which somewhat drop the performance of my computer. Whenever i leave my computer to go to the bathroom, get something to eat or even walk away from it for a couple minutes, when i come back it is doing the idle scan and sometimes it doesn't stop the idle scan even though i am using my computer. Why does it constantly scan my computer. Nothing changed from the 5-10 minutes that i was on my PC. Like i dont understand. I use to have Mcafee and it would do full scans about once a week while keeping real time scanning on. Bitdefender seems to like to do full system scans 10 times a day. It's getting very frustrating and if i turn idle scan off, it says im not protected.

Also another issue im getting is that after each and every one of these 10 scans a day, i constantly am prompted to delete about 10-30 cookies that are apparently "viruses". This is just becoming such a hassle.

I was going to put my bitdefender in autopilot but it seems that it does even more scans than in user mode.

Is there a setting im missing or what?

Comments

• Main window, look at the Anti Virus tab, turn off the "Idle Scan" there. Now it won't auto-scan.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

When first installed Idle Scan does run fairly frequently, but as the Photon technology gets to know your files the number of scans will decrease. I get about one a week now. :)

I wouldn't disable it as it is a vital part of your protection, give it a bit longer to settle in.

• I am having the same problem, Bitdefender wants to continually scan my computer, and I have had this for over a year, I have disabled the idle scan to see if that works.