Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 10 Upgrade Failure

Options

after installing windows 10, bitdefender totalprotection 2015 prompted me to upgrade.

when I agreed, it wiped out my existing install of bitdefender.

forum messages here indicate to then download trial version and reinstall.

When I click the download link for the trial version, download goes to 100% and shows green checkmark, scan shows green checkmark but then install always fails at about 39% and says "there was a problem while downloading file".

no matter how many times I retry the install always fails at that point.

what the heck?

I would never again recommend bitdefender. sorry, but an upgrade prompted by the app, wipes out the existing install???

VERY poor program behavior.

Comments

• so I read more forum messages about bitdefender and win 10, such as downloading uninstaller, letting it reboot 6 or 7 times while it is uninstalling, and still no success.

you know what? bitdefender and I are done! I will buy a competing product.

bitdefender + windows 10 = friggin' disaster

ken

• I have had numerous problems with the 10 upgrade and Bitdefender, the only response solutions seem to be "turn this off" "change this " "reinstall" etc etc.. I gave up. Bitdefender has too many problems at this point to work properly with Windows 10. Went to AVIRA and NO PROBLEMS! Even the mail app works.

I like Bitdefender bu there was a new issue everyday!

• after installing windows 10, bitdefender totalprotection 2015 prompted me to upgrade.

when I agreed, it wiped out my existing install of bitdefender.

forum messages here indicate to then download trial version and reinstall.

When I click the download link for the trial version, download goes to 100% and shows green checkmark, scan shows green checkmark but then install always fails at about 39% and says "there was a problem while downloading file".

no matter how many times I retry the install always fails at that point.

what the heck?

I would never again recommend bitdefender. sorry, but an upgrade prompted by the app, wipes out the existing install???

VERY poor program behavior.

This is the exact same thing that has happened to me now. Seldom have I run into a program with this absolutely unacceptable outcome!

• Rohugh
    Options

If you are trying to download Bitdefender 2015 (version 18) it will not work with Windows 10. You need at the very least 2015 version 19 and preferably Bitdefender 2016 for it to be completely compatible.

After ensuring you have completely uninstalled your prior version using the BD Uninstall tool and rebooted your computer you can install 2016 from here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59500

Ro.

This discussion has been closed.