Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is 2016 - How To Configure Update Settings?

I've just installed IS 2016 (I've been using Bitdefender IS for several years), and I can't find any way to configure update settings in this version. Has this been removed, or did I miss it?

My reason for asking is that with both IS 2014 and IS 2015, there were instances where Bitdefender would launch into an automatic update in the midst of other disc-intensive activities, and end up corrupting its own configuration files (requiring a complete removal and re-install), and also damaging non-Bitdefender data files that were being accessed at the time. Bitdefender Tech Support could offer no solution other than "it shouldn't be happening", though web searches showed I wasn't alone in experiencing it. In the end, I made all updates manual, and kicked them off daily when I knew there was nothing else going on for IS to conflict with. I'd rather that, than have damaged data.

But it seems that's no longer an option with this new version, which I feel may be a cause for concern. If I've merely missed the option, I'd be glad to hear.

Comments

• I've just installed IS 2016 (I've been using Bitdefender IS for several years), and I can't find any way to configure update settings in this version. Has this been removed, or did I miss it?

My reason for asking is that with both IS 2014 and IS 2015, there were instances where Bitdefender would launch into an automatic update in the midst of other disc-intensive activities, and end up corrupting its own configuration files (requiring a complete removal and re-install), and also damaging non-Bitdefender data files that were being accessed at the time. Bitdefender Tech Support could offer no solution other than "it shouldn't be happening", though web searches showed I wasn't alone in experiencing it. In the end, I made all updates manual, and kicked them off daily when I knew there was nothing else going on for IS to conflict with. I'd rather that, than have damaged data.

But it seems that's no longer an option with this new version, which I feel may be a cause for concern. If I've merely missed the option, I'd be glad to hear.

Hi...I have TS 2016 but I assume it would be the same in IS. Update settings can be accessed by clicking the small human form icon at the top of the BD GUI. From there, click General Settings and then Update.

This discussion has been closed.