Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Regristration And Marketing Spam Question

Options

Hi All,

If I register Bit Defender Free Edition, will I start to receive marketing spam from Bit Defender or anyone else?

Many thanks,

-T

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

You will probably get occasional Bitdefender notifications about upgrading to one of their paid versions but not from anyone else. From what I remember there were very few such notifications.

If you download it you have to register it in order for it to stay active,

Ro.

• Hiya,

You will probably get occasional Bitdefender notifications about upgrading to one of their paid versions but not from anyone else. From what I remember there were very few such notifications.

If you download it you have to register it in order for it to stay active,

Ro.

Thank you. So one or two but not a deluge.

• Keep in mind that the BDF does not work on 10 Windows.

• ToddAndMargo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Keep in mind that the BDF does not work on 10 Windows.

Hi Lapka,

Thank you!

Fortunately, I do not as of yet have a single customer on Windows Nein, oops, Windows Ten.

Do you know is support is coming or discontinued?

-T

• lapka
    edited December 2015
    Options

IMHO, support for Windows 10 will not.

• I've been using BD Free on a W7x64 system for several months and have seen zero local annoyances. Or any spam to the email account I use for My Bitdefender. And to my recollection, the same for other systems in the past where I used it for even longer times. Nor does anyone for whom I recommend BD Free have complained.

• Hi Lapka,

Thank you!

Fortunately, I do not as of yet have a single customer on Windows Nein, oops, Windows Ten.

Do you know is support is coming or discontinued?

-T

They have stated that there will be a new free version that will be compatible with Windows 10. When it will come has not been given.
  • They promise to release a new version is already three years.

If you want, believe in their promises.