How Long Is My Unused License Good For

about one year ago i purchased a cd version of bitdefender v10 which supplies 2 users for 2 years each of antivirus and antispyware. i had kaspersky at the time (and still do), but the bd v10 deal was a good deal and found a way to fit it in the budget.

i installed one license on my sisters computer (it works great, by the way) approximately a year ago.

there is still an unused license. i still have kaspersky on my own computer for 2 more years, so i have no need for it. how long can i wait to take advantage of this unused license? thanks, Ed

Comments

• about one year ago i purchased a cd version of bitdefender v10 which supplies 2 users for 2 years each of antivirus and antispyware. i had kaspersky at the time (and still do), but the bd v10 deal was a good deal and found a way to fit it in the budget.

i installed one license on my sisters computer (it works great, by the way) approximately a year ago.

there is still an unused license. i still have kaspersky on my own computer for 2 more years, so i have no need for it. how long can i wait to take advantage of this unused license? thanks, Ed

Based on what you typed there, I would say that you do not have 2 licences. What you have is a licence good for 2users. So if you used the licence on your sister computer, then the clock started ticking one year ago and there is one year left. If you where to install it on a second computer there would be one year remaining on that second computer. You can see the infos related to how much time is left on your serial number in your bitdefender account (https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAccount/login/)

• Dear ejames82,

If you bought a 2 user 2 years key in the past than you can use the key for BitDefender Antivirus 2008 for the remaining days that the other activated license still has. If you bought two separate keys than the other license isn't activated yet and does still have 730 days left.

Best regards

Niels

• i have located the disk and there is only one "license key". i don't know how they juggle two computers with one license key, it seems like that would be hard to keep track of.

i will check out the link provided to me by kinwolf. he's probably right. it's a pity i couldn't have found a way to take full advantage of the deal, but there's an upside, no viruses.

thanks for both replies, Ed

• Dear ejames82,

You don't need to check that link out you can also check the remaining days when you check it on your sisters laptop. That are the remaining days if you want to use that license key on a second laptop or computer.But for the old version of BitDefender when you are searching it in the BitDefender program only the expire date is displayed not the days that are displayed on my bitdefender account. That is how BitDefender (Softwin) does it. If you want a 3 user license only 1 key is shipped that you have to enter on each laptop/computer that was always the case for their licenses.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels,

understood. i think about one year and five months remain on the subscription. i'll see if my two other sisters or my sister-in-law could use the other subscription.

my sister that has it installed originally bought panda, which i think is a good AV as well, but after two hours of waiting on the phone before they (panda) even answered, i told her that she could have bitdefender from my disk. she's quite computer un-knowledgeable and extrememly paranoid, but she's quite happy with the way the bitdefender has been working. i regard phone support and a forum as being extremely important factors in deciding whether an AV is good or not. also, you and andrei helped me learn the ins and outs of the programme.

always good to hear from you, Ed