[submitted to PD] Bdtp 2016 - Privacy - Wallet

Just finished a 3 hour session (Sunday p.m.) trying my darnedest to make Wallet module function like BD adverts says it does. In my

experiences today, I tried to populate Wallet from 30 Websites. I succeeded in doing so in only 20 out of 30 attempts, a success rate

of about .6666, not a very good percentage in my opinion. Perhaps I am not doing something right, or when I installed Bdtp2016 I

did so incorrectly and not all of the program or tools downloaded or installed, or in initialized correctly,but the screen prompts tell me I

did so successfully, so;

I read the Wallet instructions to the User as telling the User (he or she) can go on the Internet, go to a Website IPL address, go to the

login page on the Website and enter the User's user ID/Email/Name and Password/Pin code) and login. Wallet feature may or it may

not confirm the login info, and adds the credentials to both the Wallet module and Fire Fox Wallet Add-on (FFWAO). But, in a third of

my attempts it has not done so. I have my own methodology, which I suspect, duplicates many Forum followers, so critique me.

First, I go to the Website and login. I do not use the FFWAO. I manually enter my user name and password from a crib sheet. In cases

(50-75%) of the time) Wallet feature does not recognize or save the login information, i.e. no Wallet splash screen When it does, I test it.

If it saved the login info in the FFWAO and Wallet module, the attempt was a success. Second, regardless, I continue the login attempt and

use the FFWAO to try and save the login info to the add-on and module. If this fails, then I count an attempt a failure. Third, a manual login

attempt without using the Wallet feature is always successful, assuming the user name and password are good to begin with. Fourth, the

Wallet feature may quixotically recognize the Website login info, after I log out, not during the actual attempt itself. Go figure.

Observation: Wallet feature seems written to "handshake"with the Website server. How this occurs I do not know, but I have noticed

that many government and banking websites have not a one step but a three step login process. (a) an introductory page, (B) a login

page and © a user key to validate the login. If the Wallet feature is primed to recognize the info in only one of these steps, then failure.

If the Wallet feature picks up info on all three steps, then you get one, or two, or three info increments in both the add-on and module

entries for a web,again failure.

My concerns and priorities are: is (a) Protection (All modules), (B) Privacy (Password module), and © Tools (Antitheft module). To me

everything else is secondary. Safepay module is problematic and without a working Wallet manual of no use. Antitheft module is also

not functional for reasons discussed on another thread, i.e. locators anomoly. My big concern about Bdts2016 is this: With the Wallet

problem, can I continue to safely rely on the Privacy modules, and/or Protection modules for Internet protection?

Observations, comments and critiques and help invited, mostly helpful advice.

PS: W7, FF 30.0.03

Comments

• Hello,

Thank you for helping improve Bitdefender Wallet.

To be able to help you, please provide us the list of web-sites that do not work according to the Wallet specifications.

• Hello,

Thank you for helping improve Bitdefender Wallet.

To be able to help you, please provide us the list of web-sites that do not work according to the Wallet specifications.

Hello Paul-Robert

Here are websites; att.net, att.com, trugreen.com, macys.com, in.gov/in prs

• Hello Paul-Robert

Here are websites; imcu.com, att.com, trugreen.com, macys.com, in.gov/inprs.

• I just installed Bitdefender 2016, replacing Norton, my wallet doesn't auto fill anything. It will auto save my passwords, but when I revisit the site...nothing. Not happy!

• Hello Paul-Robert

Here are websites; att.net, att.com, trugreen.com, macys.com, in.gov/in prs

And account.google.com. Bitdefender save login and password but doesn't fill them

• Berich56, is the Wallet add-on installed and active on your browser? What browser are you using?

@Vitalik1993, the login page in Google requests the e-mail first, then the password> probably this is why the Wallet doesn't autofill the credentials. It needs to recognize both the ID(e-mail) and the password fields on the same page(just an assumption) .

• Vitalik1993
    edited October 2015
    Berich56, is the Wallet add-on installed and active on your browser? What browser are you using?

@Vitalik1993, the login page in Google requests the e-mail first, then the password> probably this is why the Wallet doesn't autofill the credentials. It needs to recognize both the ID(e-mail) and the password fields on the same page(just an assumption) .

I put my login (email) and password manually in wallet, still nothing.

• styl3r
    edited October 2015

Yeah mine has been all right for a year now or more but lately it has stopped auto filling eBay seems all right but my Google mail has stopped filling in and most of my other sites even though they always did work. and when i click on the wallet in chrome sometimes it opens and lets me see my data other times it will not open... wierd. just tested my gmail on internet explorer and no auto fill there so not a chrome problem. very frustrating. just upgraded to bdts 2016 still the same. come on BD sort it out

• forgot to says seems since i have upgraded to bdts 2016

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We are currently working to fix the Wallet autofill issues for:

att.net

trugreen.com

macys.com

in.gov (the only affected browser for this URL is Google Chrome; the login form works on the other 3 supported browsers)

imcu.com

accounts.google.com

@Diogenes 2009 according to our internal tests, Bitdefender Wallet successfully autosaves and autofills the credentials on att.com. We tested all 4 supported browsers. Make sure you have the latest build 20.0.20.1143 (a Windows restart is required).

• I have been having the same problem with Wallet since the day I started to use BD. My problem

number is 2015092211530003

I have provided tech support with sysdumps and connection logs as per their instructions, but they never get

back to me with any information.

I know that you are not supposed to bash support, but my sense is that they are just way understaffed and my

guess is that they are trying to deal with more critical errors.

In any event, it is extremely frustrating and I am trying to decide whether to stay with BD or simply leave

because support is totally non responsive.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello MarcYounger,

I have located your ticket ID and I will contact you in a few minutes via email.

Thank you for your patience!

• Vitalik1993
    edited October 2015
    Hello MarcYounger,

I have located your ticket ID and I will contact you in a few minutes via email.

Thank you for your patience!

Hi Georgia! Could you add accounts.firefox.com in your Wallet data base?

• Hi Georgia! Could you add accounts.firefox.com in your Wallet data base?

accounts.firefox.com is autofilled/autosaved by wallet - works perfectly

• accounts.firefox.com is autofilled/autosaved by wallet - works perfectly

Excellent! my BIS 2015 can't save and fill login and password from that site (even now). I had BIS 2016 a few month ago and it can't fill/save too. So it probably was fixed during this time...Tnank you!

• accounts.firefox.com is autofilled/autosaved by wallet - works perfectly

I have installed BIS 2016 today and try it, it's nothing unfortunately...Wallet doesn't work on this site!

• Hello,

Bitdefender wallet autofills the credentials on macy.com starting with build version 20.0.21.1191

@Vitalik1993 the issue also replicates on our end. Indeed, Bitdefender Wallet does not autosave the credentials on https://accounts.firefox.com/signin

However, according to our internal tests if the credentials are manually saved first, Wallet autofills them on this site. We will start working on a solution and reply here when it's ready.

• Vitalik1993
    edited November 2015
    Hello,

Bitdefender wallet autofills the credentials on macy.com starting with build version 20.0.21.1191

@Vitalik1993 the issue also replicates on our end. Indeed, Bitdefender Wallet does not autosave the credentials on https://accounts.firefox.com/signin

However, according to our internal tests if the credentials are manually saved first, Wallet autofills them on this site. We will start working on a solution and reply here when it's ready.

Thank you Georgia! The same happens with BIS 2015 Wallet, but I put my login/password for this site using IE (in this browser Wallet work perfectly). I agree with you, Firofox 42.0 (x64) can only fill my login/password, but can't save it...

• Hello all,

att.net

trugreen.com

macys.com

in.gov (the only affected browser for this URL is Google Chrome; the login form works on the other 3 supported browsers)

imcu.com

accounts.google.com

@Diogenes 2009 according to our internal tests, Bitdefender Wallet successfully autosaves and autofills the credentials on att.com. We tested all 4 supported browsers. Make sure you have the latest build 20.0.20.1143 (a Windows restart is required).

• Accounts.google.com - wallet still can't put login/password at this site!

• Wallet will not recognize login on the following pages:

https://www.hafslundnett.no

www.verkter.no

• Hello all,

att.net

trugreen.com

macys.com

imcu.com

accounts.google.com

• Just upgraded to 2016 from 2015 and noticed that my wallet is gone.

I've tried to start it again but I only have "fresh start" or import options.

When I click import it drops me into my documents folder with no instructions on where to find my old 2015 wallet.

I followed ALL instructions for the 2015-2016 upgrade from the web site so will be very annoyed if my passwords have been lost because Bitdefender forgot to tell me "In their procedure" to backup the password database. Even more annoyed when I try to access sites and can't because of this!!!

I've upgraded many customer machines from 2014-2015 without fault. So why the problem with the latest version?

<_< <_<

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi,

@Vitalik1993 the issue is not fixed yet as Google has a 2-step authentication process and we are working on it.

@DrGjerdesmett Bitdefender 2016 successfully autosaves and autofills the credentials on www.hafslundnett.no. If the issue persists on your end make sure to update Bitdefender (the current build version is 20.0.24.1290) and then restart the computer as the product update requires a Windows restart to replace the old Bitdefender files.

We are currently working to fix the Wallet autofill on www.verkter.no

@John Morrison if you follow the steps from this article then you are prompted to keep the wallet database during. In the article we specifically advise customers to uninstall older Bitdefender programs from appwiz.cpl instead of running the uninstall tool so that they can choose whether or not to keep the existing wallet.db.

You also have the option to export the database from the Bitdefender interface prior to attempting any product modification. Did you backup it? If you did, you need to import it back in the 2016 product.

• DrGjerdesmett
    edited February 2016

Bitdefender Wallet (on both Chrome and Firefox), will autofill my login username into the searchbox, on both www.hafslundnett.no and www.elfadistrelec.no, as soon as I open those pages.

It will correctly autofill username/password when I try to login on those pages, but should not autofill the search box with my username.

Build is 1377.

• This page needs my login credentials:

https://www.telenor.no/privat/minesider/log...ms?skin=telenor

However, Bitdefender Wallet doesn't recognize the fields as username/password and instead asks me if I want to autofill my Identity, inserting my real name into the username field and leaving the password field empty.

• Bitdefender IS Wallet still don't work in Skype and accounts.google.com. Come on Bitdefender! How many months we should wait for fixes? Also I noticed that Wallet don't work properly at forum.adguard.com - it can save my login and password but can't fill them. And sometimes Wallet put login in search window on some sites (even here, on your forum). It's unnormal and I thing it's another one bug bacause login should be ONLY in login window, but not in search bar...

• Hello Bitdefender, can you please add new.vk.com to your Wallet data base? Bitdefender fills my login and password there only if they was added manually (Wallet can't save them automatically)...

• @Vitalik1993 what browser have you used to access new.vk.com ?

• @Vitalik1993 what browser have you used to access new.vk.com ?

I use Firefox 47.0.1 x64...

• @Vitalik1993 we were not able to reproduce the issue you encountered, the product auto filled our credentials on that website using all the supported browsers.

Please check your Firefox profile to ensure it is not corrupted and perform a clean-up of the browser. Also check for any conflicting add-ons.

• @Vitalik1993 we were not able to reproduce the issue you encountered, the product auto filled our credentials on that website using all the supported browsers.

Please check your Firefox profile to ensure it is not corrupted and perform a clean-up of the browser. Also check for any conflicting add-ons.

I wrote that it can fill but can't save...

• Vitalik1993
    edited July 2016

Here is this site page (screenshot). Bitdefender fills login and password there ONLY if I put them manually there, but it must save them automatically.

post-191980-0-19574400-1468968156_thumb.png