Update 20.0.24.1290

Wallet extension for Firefox was updated to v 3.0. Hopefully they fixed the issues that people was posting about.

As far as other issues being fixed no idea. I just use the Protection and Tools modules and have had no discernable problems. Though with Wallet being updated to 3.0 I might take a look at it. Frankly I have found it to be more of hassle than a help. I have no need for Encryption or Parental Control. Safepay will probably never work for me since I require access to other apps in addition to a browser when visiting the pertinent websites

Comments

• Wallet extension for Firefox was updated to v 3.0. Hopefully they fixed the issues that people was posting about.

As far as other issues being fixed no idea. I just use the Protection and Tools modules and have had no discernable problems. Though with Wallet being updated to 3.0 I might take a look at it. Frankly I have found it to be more of hassle than a help. I have no need for Encryption or Parental Control. Safepay will probably never work for me since I require access to other apps in addition to a browser when visiting the pertinent websites

Yes, they improve Wallet, but it still can't save/fill login and password from some sites (accounts.google.com for example). Georgia promised 2 month ago that this site will be added to the list of sites but I still can't use Wallet there. The only change I've noticed is that the Wallet now displays the last time synchronization was...

• Yes, they improve Wallet, but it still can't save/fill login and password from some sites (accounts.google.com for example). Georgia promised 2 month ago that this site will be added to the list of sites but I still can't use Wallet there. The only change I've noticed is that the Wallet now displays the last time synchronization was...

Re logging into Google and Yahoo. I have found that using the Firefox add-on 'X-notifier' works flawlessly 99% of the time. 'X-notifier' is an email add-on for Firefox, not sure about Chrome, that notifiies you whenever you have an email from the accounts you have added to it. So by adding Gmail and Yahoo Mail to X-notifier you will automatically be logged into Google and Yahoo when you start Firefox. Takes a few seconds and you are logged in. Great Firefox add-on

I don't know for sure but I think ceratain websites for security purposes don't like pre-saved login information and prevent password manager software from using it. For example I do not think you can use a password manager on a website written in Silverlight, At least that is my recollection.

• This is blind updated, Does not know what are fixed ?

• Re logging into Google and Yahoo. I have found that using the Firefox add-on 'X-notifier' works flawlessly 99% of the time. 'X-notifier' is an email add-on for Firefox, not sure about Chrome, that notifiies you whenever you have an email from the accounts you have added to it. So by adding Gmail and Yahoo Mail to X-notifier you will automatically be logged into Google and Yahoo when you start Firefox. Takes a few seconds and you are logged in. Great Firefox add-on

I don't know for sure but I think ceratain websites for security purposes don't like pre-saved login information and prevent password manager software from using it. For example I do not think you can use a password manager on a website written in Silverlight, At least that is my recollection.

It's not a decision. BIS 2015 always save and fill my login and password from that site, so I think new BIS should do it too...I'll better wait for fixes from Support. But thank you anyway for advice

• My issue are not fixed with this update ?

1. PC cannot start if goes sleep mode.

2. Web site login not working, Enter login info and submit but page loading take log time and still are not logged on. (This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.)

3. mozilla firefox get addons page are not loading. (This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.)

4. Active Profile cannot on if its turn off.

• This is blind updated, Does not know what are fixed ?

It is not known until they post a change log on the forums, which hasn't happened for quite a few recent updates. You can look at the update log from the "Events" section from the GUI but it doesn't say a lot. :(

My issue are not fixed with this update ?

2. Web site login not working, Enter login info and submit but page loading take log time and still are not logged on. (This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.)

3. mozilla firefox get addons page are not loading. (This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.)

I have no problems with #1 and #4 but don't have Parental Control activated so can't comment on those.

You should have sent an e-mail to Bitdefender, if you have and have an automated response of it being received, post the reference number here, maybe one of the Bitdefender folk will see it. If you haven't received a number then resend the problem again to bitsy@bitdefender.com

• It is not known until they post a change log on the forums, which hasn't happened for quite a few recent updates. You can look at the update log from the "Events" section from the GUI but it doesn't say a lot. :(

I have no problems with #1 and #4 but don't have Parental Control activated so can't comment on those.

You should have sent an e-mail to Bitdefender, if you have and have an automated response of it being received, post the reference number here, maybe one of the Bitdefender folk will see it. If you haven't received a number then resend the problem again to bitsy@bitdefender.com

Yes, I do the Bitdefender Support Tool and email tickets but does not getting any response after 3 days. #1 and #4 issue happened with BTS 2016 New installation on Win 10 64 BIT. No issue if uninstalled BTS 2016.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited December 2015
    My issue are not fixed with this update ?

1. Not sure why you are using sleep mode for your PC or for that matter a laptop. I never use sleep mode on either my desktops or laptop with W10. On my PC I just lock the screen and have it turn off after so many minutes. When I want to log back in I just strike a key to bring up login menu and log back in. On my laptop I found sleep mode uses too much battery so if I am going to be away from it for any period of time I just shut it down. It takes maybe 15 seconds to restart and I have not drained the battery.

More importantly you don't mention the computer name and model. Problems are often computer related

2. Again you fail to mention, in this case, the website or websites. It could be you are trying to login into websites that Parental Control blocks because of content. I find it hard to believe you can not log into any website when using Bitdefender. If you mention the website others here can test it to see if they are getting the same result.

3. I have never had a problem with Mozilla add-on page loading and I have used Bitdefender for almost three years. My guess is you might have an under-powered laptop and a lot of add-ons that you may have synced with a PC. Again if you mention the computer mfg, model and specfics like memory number of add-on installed it would help it trying to analyze your problem

4. Again you are very vague. You don't mention which Profile you can not turn back on. Also why is it turning off and what do you mean by turning off? Do you mean Profiles under Profile Settings turns off and can not be turned off? If so when does it turn off?

We would like to help you but you need to provide more detailed information regarding each problem Thank you.

• It's not a decision. BIS 2015 always save and fill my login and password from that site, so I think new BIS should do it too...I'll better wait for fixes from Support. But thank you anyway for advice

What website are you talking about? If you mention the website we can test it to see if we are also having the problem.

What browser are you using?

Does the browser have the login settings saved?

Are the login setting saved in the Bitdefender Wallet?

• Vitalik1993
    edited December 2015
    What website are you talking about? If you mention the website we can test it to see if we are also having the problem.

What browser are you using?

Does the browser have the login settings saved?

Are the login setting saved in the Bitdefender Wallet?

Firefox 43.0 (x64) and IE 11, BIS 2016 20.0.24.1290, Accounts.google.com and yes I have it saved in my Wallet and autosave/autofill don't work in both browsers. And I wrote about it here in September but it still don't work...

• 1. Not sure why you are using sleep mode for your PC or for that matter a laptop. I never use sleep mode on either my desktops or laptop with W10. On my PC I just lock the screen and have it turn off after so many minutes. When I want to log back in I just strike a key to bring up login menu and log back in. On my laptop I found sleep mode uses too much battery so if I am going to be away from it for any period of time I just shut it down. It takes maybe 15 seconds to restart and I have not drained the battery.

More importantly you don't mention the computer name and model. Problems are often computer related

2. Again you fail to mention, in this case, the website or websites. It could be you are trying to login into websites that Parental Control blocks because of content. I find it hard to believe you can not log into any website when using Bitdefender. If you mention the website others here can test it to see if they are getting the same result.

3. I have never had a problem with Mozilla add-on page loading and I have used Bitdefender for almost three years. My guess is you might have an under-powered laptop and a lot of add-ons that you may have synced with a PC. Again if you mention the computer mfg, model and specfics like memory number of add-on installed it would help it trying to analyze your problem

4. Again you are very vague. You don't mention which Profile you can not turn back on. Also why is it turning off and what do you mean by turning off? Do you mean Profiles under Profile Settings turns off and can not be turned off? If so when does it turn off?

We would like to help you but you need to provide more detailed information regarding each problem Thank you.

1. I am using HP Pavilion Desktop - 500-422nl : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/...docId=c04471638 , I like to use sleep mode. No issue if uninstalled BTS 2016.

2. This issue happened for all web site, Also on here (http://forum.bitdefender.com) This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.

3. Do you using bitdefender parental control on you PC ? This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.

4. Standard Profile cannot On After save game Profile are still turn on. Profiles under Profile Settings turns off and can not be turned On.

• Not sure why you are using sleep mode for your PC or for that matter a laptop.

I use sleep mode because I can. :D

Anyhow...

Check for the setting for Allow hybrid sleep in the Advanced settings of whatever Power Option is in use. Often toggling from On to Off, or vice versa, will fix Sleep issues.

As well, disabling Allow wake timers in the Power Option Advanced settings could fix sleep issues where a below par device or driver driver might be borking things up.

The more hair-pulling issues related to sleep mode can be traced to the BIOS/UEFI ACPI settings. Generally and where available an Auto Configuration as enabled will keep things under control. If not, disabling auto and experimentation with settings for the various Sleep State modes (S4, S1, S3) may be necessary. This is further complicated by the crossover of the terms hibernate and sleep among motherboard engineers and BIOS coders. Google is your friend here.

Regards.

Win7x64 • BDIS 2016 • MBAM/AE-Premium • Zemana Pro

• Reboot for several files updated today:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\update.pub

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wsdns.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wslib.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wspack.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wsutils.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\antispam32\wslib.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\antispam32\wspack.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\antispam32\wsutils.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Threat Scanner\bdsmartdb.dll

Examples:

wsutils.dll 4.0.0.118 > 4.1.0.6

bdsmartdb.dll 3.0.3.738 > 3.0.3.769

• Reboot for several files updated today:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\update.pub

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wsdns.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wslib.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wspack.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\wsutils.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\antispam32\wslib.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\antispam32\wspack.dll

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\antispam32\wsutils.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Threat Scanner\bdsmartdb.dll

Examples:

wsutils.dll 4.0.0.118 > 4.1.0.6

bdsmartdb.dll 3.0.3.738 > 3.0.3.769

But version number are not updated? Still are same version number 20.0.24.1290

• Unknown
    edited December 2015

It looks as the product version displayed in About is determined by the version of iservconfig.dll, the Product Info Library. In the versioning convention major.minor.patch.build, I'm not sure what motivates DB to report a product upgrade as it did on the 14th with about 200 files.

I'm still a bit new to the most recent premium BD product, not having used one since gen 2012.

I'm more familiar with Free. In there, the version displayed is for the Gonzales service which has not been updated in about two years (nor is it needed). However, for example, avcuf32 and avcuf64.dll (the AVC process injectors) were recently background updated to the latest 3.11.12293.6311.

IMHO any component upgrade should reflect in a product build or patch metric, i.e. 20.0.24.1550 from .1290. But that's not how BD does it. And those who actually care are the in vast minority of geeks who lurk and post in forums. ^_^

• 1. I am using HP Pavilion Desktop - 500-422nl : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/...docId=c04471638 , I like to use sleep mode. No issue if uninstalled BTS 2016.

2. This issue happened for all web site, Also on here (http://forum.bitdefender.com) This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.

3. Do you using bitdefender parental control on you PC ? This issue happened, if bitdefender parental control installed on the PC.

4. Standard Profile cannot On After save game Profile are still turn on. Profiles under Profile Settings turns off and can not be turned On.

Don't use Parental Control.

• The Anti Threat Control injector libraries, avcuf64.dll and avcuf32.dll, were minor updated today: 3.11 to 3.12. (No reboot necessary.) That's a notable update in the most important protection component in BD's weaponry and much appreciated in their continued development of the product.

• The Anti Threat Control injector libraries, avcuf64.dll and avcuf32.dll, were minor updated today: 3.11 to 3.12. (No reboot necessary.) That's a notable update in the most important protection component in BD's weaponry and much appreciated in their continued development of the product.

Thanks for information. ;)

This discussion has been closed.