Firefox Cannot Verify Wallet - Disabled

I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. Windows 10.

Yesterday, probably when I first started my Firefox browser, a window popped up saying that Wallet needed to be installed. I have been using Wallet for some time now but, it looked to be legitimate from Bitdefender so I clicked on install.

As the day went on I'm pretty sure Wallet automatically signed onto a few things yesterday. But, today when I turned on Firefox it said that it could not verify Wallet, and disabled it. In the Firefox extensions window an entry said Wallet was disabled.

I wanted to uninstall and reinstall Wallet but there was no Wallet entry in the Windows Programs/Features window where you go to uninstall programs. I suppose that's normal but I'm not sure.

I did Bitdefenders 'Repair Bitdefender' procedure where it apparently uninstalls some of IS and re-installs it. When I started Firefox no pop-up appeared, but I noticed there is no Wallet icon in the upper right corner. After this uninstall/reinstall repair, I had to reactivate Wallet and tell it to use a previous Database that it had found. Also, there are now 2 entries in Firefox extensions that say Wallet is disabled and there is still no Wallet icon up in the corner of Firefox.

Might I legitimately get a pop-up saying that Wallet needed to be installed even though I had been using Wallet for a year, or did I fall for something fraudulent?

A Firefox help file says that I should get a signed version from the Vendor.

Did something mess up with yesterdays pop-up install thing, or is Bitdefender putting out an unsigned version?

Firefox extension window is only telling me that Wallet is disabled and not giving me the option to enable it. I think I found the Firefox configuration file where I can tell Firefox to stop trying to verify Wallet, but I don't want to do that, only as a last resort.

How do I get Wallet working properly again?

Thanks,

Harry

Comments

• HOLD-ON!!

It looks like I now have a Wallet icon in the corner of Firefox and it may be working. Give me a few minutes to check it out again!!

• I DO NEED HELP.

I don't know what happened. After making my first post I went back to my email and my address and password were sitting there automatically filled in, and the Wallet icon was up in the corner.

After restarting my computer a couple of times, the Wallet window to enter my password appears as it should, as it has been doing all along, but when starting Firefox there is no automatic sign in and the Wallet icon is not in the corner. Also, there is now only one entry in the Firefox extension window that says Wallet is disabled.

Sorry to be confusing folks. Don't know why Wallet worked for a moment.

Again, how do I get Wallet working?

Thanks

Harry