Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Do Anything?

Options

Someone told me to x-post here.

I installed Bitdefender, but it looks like the free version is just crippleware.

There are no options. I can't even find the button to run a scan. There's just this little thing in the corner that pops up if I click on the bitdefender icon under the little arrow on my taskbar, and that same little thing pops up if I run the Bitdefender shortcut on my desktop.

I googled how to do stuff and all the answers say stuff like "click on the antivirus tab"...but there is no antivirus tabs. There are no tabs. There's just the little thing in the corner.

It shows "Virus Shield (on)", "auto scan (on)", and "My Bitdefender" (display). I did click on My Bitdefender, but there's nothing useful there. Just some services that are "temporarily unavailable", support, and "my offers".

So where are the options? Where are these different tabs I'm supposed to be able to use to actually DO stuff? Or is the free version just crippleware?

Comments

• Use the right mouse button on the icon in the system tray, if you want full system scan.

If you want to scan a folder or application again using the right mouse button on the selected item. You will see the message "Scan with Bitdefender". Left-click on the item.

• Unknown
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So where are the options? Where are these different tabs I'm supposed to be able to use to actually DO stuff? Or is the free version just crippleware?

The concept of crippleware is subjective.

The lack of "to actually DO stuff" has been a known characteristic of Free and the subject of, well... crippleware-ness debate for years.

BD makes no charade about this:

"Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition uses an intelligent mechanism that can automatically take the optimum decisions..."

"...it will always find the best way for your system to stay clear of dangers without requiring special configuring."

It could very well be that Free is Not For You and it's only crippleware if that's your conclusion.

It does present most all of BD's most effective and latest protection including 100% access to its cloud services, network Intrusion Detection and its flagship Active Virus Control all of which is not available in any other "free Bitdefender engine" product.

Regards.