Update Error Code -10

Hi,

For the first time and with no apparent reason, today morning, after turning ON my PC I started getting this error code: -10 !!!

My internet connection is fine. Could it be maybe the server Address? I am attaching two jpg´s, one with the error and the other with the server address.

Thanks for any advise ;)

post-449-1452521522_thumb.jpg post-449-1452521575_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi,

For the first time and with no apparent reason, today morning, after turning ON my PC I started getting this error code: -10 !!!

My internet connection is fine. Could it be maybe the server Address? I am attaching two jpg´s, one with the error and the other with the server address.

Thanks for any advise ;)

post-449-1452521522_thumb.jpg post-449-1452521575_thumb.jpg

I got the same error this morning after turning on PC.

• Vitalik1993
    edited January 2016

Same here. Reinstallation doesn't help me...

post-191980-1452522535_thumb.png

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I got the same error this morning after turning on PC.

Yep, I too am getting that problem on both my desktops. I also see this has been reported on the French forum.

Edit: I see I have just had a successful update a minute ago on one of the desktops, so maybe the problem, whatever it was, has been fixed.

Ro.

• Yep, I too am getting that problem on both my desktops. I also see this has been reported on the French forum.

Edit: I see I have just had a successful update a minute ago on one of the desktops, so maybe the problem, whatever it was, has been fixed.

Ro.

Just now I finally get the latest update too. It was fixed probably by Bitdefender.

• Yep,

Apparently it was fixed, I am not getting the error anymore.

• Hi,

Not fixed in my case. -10 update error since the 11th of jan. 2016.

What is going on?

Ton

• Same here I'm getting the same Error 10, I even did a repair, BD will not update!!!!!

• cc2150dx
    edited January 2016

Error 10 also

Windows 10 64-bit build 10586.36

cc

• Unknown
    edited January 2016

I'm seeing the same thing on Win7 and Win10 systems on different networks.

But the plugins seem to be updating OK. The Win7 is up to date but with code: -10 in Update Events. The Win10 hasn't been on in a few days and updated from 7.64110 to 7.64163 but also with the code: -10 in Update Events.

The problem is on BD's side. Expect a fix. Eventually.

• I am getting the same thing.

post-125295-1452644579_thumb.png

• Two windows 10 systems here that failed to update with Error 10 after 11:00 AM Pacific this morning.

Hope it gets fixed soon

dcw

• Hey, am having the same problem. Had this yesterday aswell, allthrough later it gone allright again.

Now it just started again. I tried looking on the net, but this code seems new?

• Same error code-10.

Started this morning and nothing (install, reinstall, update, clean etc, et al) has solved this.

Windows 10 Pro 64

Hope bitdefender rolls out a universal fix.

Thanks...

• My two Windows 10 systems have now updated. Someone must have fixed something :-)

dcw

• my windows 10 system not working. FIX IT get the error after a complete reistall

• Still not updating, UI shows update icon just spinning and spinning, hello BD anyone there?

• Last night prior to retiring I got a successful update and another first thing this morning.

Included in the latest update are updated Anti-Spam libraries and components. I speculate there was something amiss in this process and either the client gasped on it or BD shut down their server-side update access temporarily. Or a bit of both.

Nonetheless, it would be nice if BD had a status page or an RSS feed or an official forum posting or something where PAYING CUSTOMERS could go to determine if the problem is system wide. Where we might read something like, "We are experiencing some downtime which will result in error code 10 reports in Events. ETA is 6 hours."

And how about a Web resource where PAYING CUSTOMERS could find out the heck an error code means?

Sidebar: these would be expectations from just about every software developer in the business these days, all of whom have fallen into the customer support black hole. Maybe I'm expecting too much from BD.

But then again, how many BD users actually knew anything like this was happening yesterday?

• Still not updating

Don't forget that BD's AV cloud services and heuristic/behavior processes are still active regardless of up-to-date signatures. vsserve.exe was querying Nimbus servers and AVC components remained active in running processes (I checked). I don't use it, but I believe the Ransomware Protection works without signatures. Internet and Total's IDS, and Firewall are in there, too.

As well, you run MBAM and ZAM with their real-time features enabled. Right?

But I agree with your bold text...

• A special thanks to The Members for posting up on this issue. It enabled me to decide to wait-and-see rather than the repair/re-install route.

While we can't depend on BD to post up, there is still us. ;)

Cheers!

• daman1
    edited January 2016
    Don't forget that BD's AV cloud services and heuristic/behavior processes are still active regardless of up-to-date signatures. vsserve.exe was querying Nimbus servers and AVC components remained active in running processes (I checked). I don't use it, but I believe the Ransomware Protection works without signatures. Internet and Total's IDS, and Firewall are in there, too.

As well, you run MBAM and ZAM with their real-time features enabled. Right?

But I agree with your bold text...

Correct and never any issues with these installed programs, I understand heuristic and behavior processes are still active but with out updates it leaves a door open.

thanks for your post!

• @ daman1

Sorry, I didn't mean to infer you didn't understand.

I should have worded that post to address the community which was my intent. Like now...

BD Core file scanner and B-HAVE VM scanner detection depend on the signatures in the Plugins folder and some db and dat files scattered about (i.e. smartdbv2.dat), any sigs that are newer than the latest update exist in their Nimbus cloud. The purpose of updates to the local files is to reduce protection-focused network traffic.

However, I wouldn't want to go longer than a day max without the updated files for Active Virus Control found in the Avc3Ex_ and Avc3_ directories (i.e. avc3.qx, avc3.mx).

BTW...

I notice the previous Antispam Core v2.14, wfcore.dll, was upgraded to v2.15 today but is now ascore.dll. Quite possibly this was the wrench in our gears, know as update error -10.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

We are aware of some connection issues during the past days as we update our servers.

In the next hours your Bitdefender products will start to update automatically. If this does not happen open Command Prompt and type the following commands hitting Enter after each one:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Restart Windows and check the results.

Please let us know if everything is back to normal on your end afterwards otherwise we will gladly get back to you.