How To Turn Off Bit Defender To Update Window Defender

Hi I just installed bit defender 2016 for windows 10 and when I run a scan bit definder keeps showing a critical update needed for window defender well I can't turn on windows defender I assume because bit defender has disable it . So how can I turn off bit defender just long enough to update windows defender and then turn it back on?

Comments

• Hiya,

You don't need to turn on Windows Defender, it is not needed. You should never run two AVs at the same time and Bitdefender is sufficient, just ignore the alert.

Ro.

• Hiya,

You don't need to turn on Windows Defender, it is not needed. You should never run two AVs at the same time and Bitdefender is sufficient, just ignore the alert.

Ro.

Yeah I wasn't going to run them both . Microsoft updates wants to do a update to windows defender and its keeps saying its critical from microsoft and bitdefender keeps saying the same thing. Just didn't want the annoying update popping up all the time so I wanted to update it and restart bit defender that would automatically turn off windows defender at least that is what it did after I installed it. So no way to do this to avoid annoying update pop ups everyday?

• Yeah I wasn't going to run them both . Microsoft updates wants to do a update to windows defender and its keeps saying its critical from microsoft and bitdefender keeps saying the same thing. Just didn't want the annoying update popping up all the time so I wanted to update it and restart bit defender that would automatically turn off windows defender at least that is what it did after I installed it. So no way to do this to avoid annoying update pop ups everyday?

Hello. I had the same issue some months ago and I use this instruction to disable Windows Defender permanently (using regedit). But if you still need to download updates, just disable on-access scanning in Bitdefender and download it, then enable it and use this instruction and it will not bother you any more...