Reboot Required Issues

In previous versions of BD Internet Security I had a setting I could enable that would tell Bit Defender to wait for me to reboot windows when BD had some kind of update that requires a reboot. Since I've upgraded to IS 2016, I can't locate this setting. Where did it go?

I am routinely being interrupted by a notification from BD that a reboot is required. I have the option to click a button to start the reboot now, or a button to remind me later. I'm always busy with something that I can't stop doing when this notification pops-up, but the time I get everything saved and can let it reboot, the notification is gone, even if I didn't click one of the buttons. Once the notification is gone I have no way of initializing the reboot that BD needs to finish whatever it was trying to update. I've tried manually rebooting, but after it reboots and I go back to whatever I was working on, the notification pops up again and I'm right back where I started.

I never had this problem with previous versions because I could tell it to wait for me to choose when I want to reboot the computer. Now I either reboot within a very short time of the when the notification appears or not at all. I've been trying to complete this update to the software for several days now and I can't ever get to a stopping point in my work so I can reboot while the notification is displayed.

Please help! This is driving me insane!

Comments

• Hiya,

Open the Bitdefender window, (double click the BD icon in the system tray) Click the figure icon at the top of it, General Settings, Update, "check the "Postpone Reboot".

Ro

• Hiya,

Open the Bitdefender window, (double click the BD icon in the system tray) Click the figure icon at the top of it, General Settings, Update, "check the "Postpone Reboot".

Ro

When I did that I got a pop up to notify me that AutoPilot is now disabled.

It still doesn't force the pop-up asking me to reboot, nor does it allow me to control when a reboot is done as part of an update.

• Nevermind, the suggestion did work, it just took it 10 minutes to notify me that a reboot is needed.

This does allow me to keep the notification displayed long enough to save what I'm working on and proceed with the reboot, but it ######. It really really ######. Users should be able to fully control when a reboot occurs like was possible in the previous version. I see this as a big step backwards for power users that know how to protect themselves for short periods of time when a reboot can be made to wait a few hours.

If this feature is not returned before my sub ends, I will not renew.

Thanks for the help though!

• Just because an update is required does not mean you have to perform one. If the Widget gets in your way with the message just go to Settings and hide it. When you are done with your work for the day. unhide the widget and reboot.

AFAIK Bitdefender products do not auto reboot when a required reboot is indicated. Could be that there is a setting for that but it certainly is not a default setting if it exists at all.