Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Ssl Blocking All Google Webpages In Firefox X64

Options
SkipRat
edited February 2016 in Protection

How do you get Bitdefender 2016 Scan SSL to actually allow Firefox x64 to access all of googles main pages like www.google.co.uk on a Windows 10 machine without having to turn off the Scan SSL? As currently, Firefox is returning an "your connection is unsecure" error message when I try to access Google's search pages. I really do not want to turn off Scan SSL and weaken my systems protection. As in all honesty, it is a bit silly if turning off Scan SSL protection is the only solution for being able to look at googles main webpages.

This has been happening for months now, so why has this bug not been fixed and it is a bug, as the should 100% be no issue with Bitdefender, google and Firefox at all.

Comments

• How do you get Bitdefender 2016 Scan SSL to actually allow Firefox x64 to access all of googles main pages like www.google.co.uk on a Windows 10 machine without having to turn off the Scan SSL? As currently, Firefox is returning an "your connection is unsecure" error message when I try to access Google's search pages. I really do not want to turn off Scan SSL and weaken my systems protection. As in all honesty, it is a bit silly if turning off Scan SSL protection is the only solution for being able to look at googles main webpages.

This has been happening for months now, so why has this bug not been fixed and it is a bug, as the should 100% be no issue with Bitdefender, google and Firefox at all.

Try over-installing the 64 bit version of Firefox with the 32 bit version and see if that works OK with SSL turned on. If it doesn't, import the Bitdefender certificate from the mitm_cache directory and try again.

Assuming it works, then reinstall the 64 bit version of Firefox and it should keep the settings and you should be able to connect to Google.

(I've just done exactly this sequence with Firefox 44 x64, Windows 10 and BITS2016 and all seems OK - so far, anyway)

bob

• Georgia
    Options

@SkipRat

Here's an easy fix:

1. Exit Firefox, then open CMD and type in start firefox –P

2. Press Enter, then choose Create Profile and wait ~ 2-3 minutes

3. Now launch Firefox and check if you can access Google with SSL scan ON

4. Repeat step 1, select the newly created profile and choose Delete profile.

Please keep us updated with any progress you make, we are here to help.

• mvt
    Options

Hi Georgia

I'm using both version (32 - normal release and 64 (- nightly), I use profils since many many years.

I've the same problem on the 3 machines where I installed BD Internet Security 2016.

The sole solution I found from know is to unactivate Scan SSL.

With this parameter ON, I can't access to BitDefender Central too ;)

tchuss