Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Chrome Very Slow

Hi.

Some months ago I noticed that chrome was very slow, So I searched the internet and found a couple of topics where it's said that Bitdefender & Chrome combination was no good:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-195116...hrome-slow.html

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#...ome/2SapTOU8_Po

I even disabled the wallet module, but still chrome is crawling like a turtle!

I'm using Firefox without any issue and is blazing fast.

My current Chrome version is:

48.0.2564.109 m (64-bit)

And my bitdefender product is Total Security 2016

Would appreciate any assistance

Thanks

Comments

• kind of strange . I have bitdefender total security 2016 on windows 10 64x and same latest update on chrome and its working perfectly well.

• I have enabled the paranoid mode, don't know if this is the cause?

But I've allowed Chrome to connect.

First I though it was something related to my internet, but after trying Firefox realized that it was not

• Same here.

Not sure if it's related, but I have six tabs set as the default home pages. I have used the same six pages for a few years without issue (no slowness).

Sometimes after upgrading from Win8.1 to Win10, and picking up update after update of Win10, Chrome, and Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 then 2016, Chrome loading of pages went to ###### in a handbasket.

Takes minutes for pages to fully refresh, not just the default home pages. Acts as if the internet connection is slow. It's not. Checks as being 16Mbps DL speed consistently.

Simply disabling BD features doesn't help.

Hard to know what the real bottleneck is.

Windows 10

Chrome

BD IS 2016

Happens on all three devices that are running BD IS 2016.

• I also came from Win7 to Win10, and for Bitdefender 2015 to 2016, but this is not the issue; I did a fresh win10 install (reformatted HDD) and installed from scratch Chrome and Bitdefender 2016.

Perhaps is come configuration and setup?

My Chrome also has 6 homepages and I face the same behavior as yours.

So for now my solution is to use Firefox.

• Just an update

Yesterday I opened Chrome to do some troubleshooting, so I checked if there was a new version and it was

Chrome was updated to version:

48.0.2564.116 m (64-bit)

restarted

And now the issue is solved (hope it stays that way) I can use Chrome back!

• I'm on Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 m (64-bit)...still slow as crap.

Pages open - loading spinner spins - loading spinner stops - a few second later loading spinner starts spinning again.

Surefire workaround is still to go to each page, manually stop the page from loading and to click the reload page button. Fixes it every time.