Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd-av 2008 Gui

Options

Does anyone else find the GUI of 2008 downright ugly?

i mean, compared to BD10+... i dunno, it's just not my cup of java... anyone else?

Comments

• C'mon guy's, 50+ views and 0 replys... give me some opinions y'all!

• claudiubotezatu
    Options
    C'mon guy's, 50+ views and 0 replys... give me some opinions y'all!

Yes, is ugly, that's why I switched back to BD10.

• yep.. ugly as ######:)

• Yes, is ugly, that's why I switched back to BD10.

You mean you switched back to v. 10 only because you dislike the GUI....? :huh:

• alexcrist
    Options

I like the GUI. Then again... I never put that much attention in the GUI, because I'm more interested in the functionality, not the way it looks (and what I don't like is that some features were removed in BD2008 :( ).

Cris.

• I do not like the GUI personally. I find myself always having to open History or Advanced Settings to get the info I want so the first screen is totally useless to me. Plus I really dislike having the logs separate from the Advance setting screen and the fact that to open History, you actually have to close Advances Settings. I prefered the way it was in v10, it was more efficient.

Kin

• it would have been great if you could have chosen between the "Settings" view - with the modules on the left side and the "Dump-proof" view with the magic fix buttons.

• alexcrist
    Options

Well, I suggested this a while ago, but it seems that nobody made it happen.

By the way, Mihai, you're an employee of BitDefender. Why do you post suggestions on the forum, instead of telling them to whoever you should tell them? :P

Cris.

• claudiubotezatu
    edited April 2008
    Options
    You mean you switched back to v. 10 only because you dislike the GUI....? :huh:

Yes, this was the first reason; is easier to navigate on BD10 and later on I found out that BD10 was less buggy than BD11.

Any way I use only av and antispyware + kerio 2.15 as firewall on a laptop used occasionally.

Claudiu

Toronto,Canada

• claudiubotezatu
    Options
    I like the GUI. Then again... I never put that much attention in the GUI, because I'm more interested in the functionality, not the way it looks (and what I don't like is that some features were removed in BD2008 :( ).

Cris.

Hi Cris,

For normal / average user the GUI is very important; is the switching point in making the decision to try it or not.

Claudiu

Toronto,Canada

• I much prefered the GUI of the earlier versions. The first screen of BD2008 is completely useless. I'd love a way to get back to the old style.

• I much prefered the GUI of the earlier versions. The first screen of BD2008 is completely useless. I'd love a way to get back to the old style.

i couldn't agree with you more, same goes for the majority of opinions in this thread.

Thanks for the replys!

• Chesda
    Options

I agree to all the comments above, but...

Appearance < Performance :P

• adt
    Options

this is one i made

randomhh1.png

• alexcrist
    Options

Nice one, adt B)

But I don't think there's going to be a major change like this (because this would be a major change) to the interface until the next BitDefender version (BitDefender v12, or BitDefender 2009, whatever it's name will be).

Cris.

I totally agree!

• this is one i made

Sweet! Now that, i like!