Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

This Page Is Being Scanned Gets Stuck

A nice feature of Bitdefender is that weblinks are scanned and a green circle with a white check gets displayed after a page linked to has been deemed safe. This has been working fine until a few days or weeks ago.

Currently, on two different machines these will usually display as green/safe when the web pages are initially opened (if safe of course), but if there is any change that causes the webpage to be refreshed, or more links exposed such as scrolling down in facebook, many of these will get stuck spinning while rescanning. Refreshing the page manually seems to make the situation worse.

I'm using Windows 10 and Google Chrome and do not use any other browsers.

Not sure when the change happened, but it has become VERY obvious within the last week.

And, was the change in chrome, bitdefender, or a windows 10 update? Since we pretty much have no control over these and don't know most of the time when an update has happened it could have been any one or a combination of updates that exposed or caused the problem.

(This was also a problem in BD Internet Security 2015 for while, but an update fixed it....it's back in BF 2016)

Comments

• kellycraven
    edited February 2016

..turning on email notification.... :rolleyes:

• A nice feature of Bitdefender is that weblinks are scanned and a green circle with a white check gets displayed after a page linked to has been deemed safe. This has been working fine until a few days or weeks ago.

Currently, on two different machines these will usually display as green/safe when the web pages are initially opened (if safe of course), but if there is any change that causes the webpage to be refreshed, or more links exposed such as scrolling down in facebook, many of these will get stuck spinning while rescanning. Refreshing the page manually seems to make the situation worse.

I'm using Windows 10 and Google Chrome and do not use any other browsers.

Not sure when the change happened, but it has become VERY obvious within the last week.

And, was the change in chrome, bitdefender, or a windows 10 update? Since we pretty much have no control over these and don't know most of the time when an update has happened it could have been any one or a combination of updates that exposed or caused the problem.

(This was also a problem in BD Internet Security 2015 for while, but an update fixed it....it's back in BF 2016)

I've opened a ticket on this.

After weeks this is not getting any better (BD updates have not addressed it) and it is happening on all three devices that have been updated to BD Internet Security 2016.

• Hi, I seem to have a similar problem with Bitdefender. Whenever the anti-phising scan scans links on facebook, the tick icon just continuously spins, not loading up the icon at all. Some do load but a lot on the page don't. I've tried adding facebook.com to the web protection white list but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm putting in the wrong link for stopping the scan? Nothing else needs to be put in other than facebook.com? As far as I've seen, facebook is the only site I've had this happen on.

Oh just extra info:

Using Windows 10 with the latest Firefox

Bitdefender Total Security 2016

• Not heard back from Bitdefender folks. I opened a ticket on Feb 16th and it's Feb 29th.

Still an issue. I assume it has not been addressed.

I have reported three different issues. BD support has not responded to any of them.

I assume they will if they deem the issue worthy enough.

• I opened a ticket on Feb 16th, it's March 4th, and no word from support.

• March 11, 2016.

This issue is still a problem.

Nothing from support.