Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please Wait While This Page Is Being Scanned

In about half of my FACEBOOK links I get the message "Please Wait While This Page is Being Scanned". and I wait and wait and wait.....What if i don't wait?

Comments

• Should we assume no one cares?

If the icon is still spinning when we hover the mouse over it we are told to wait. At that point we should assume that scanning is continuing and that the site has not been deemed safe. That's why we use systems like Bitdefender.

If we don't wait then we could open an infected site. This functionality is broken and doesn't work, and hasn't worked for a long time. (see my post on the same...see that I tried to open a ticket but never got a response)

For the Bitdefender team: What can we do to help track down this ongoing problem?

• Yes, I have encountered the forever-spinning Web Protection Search Advisor Icon when using Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. Occurred particularly when viewing Google Search Results or Facebook pages.

What solved the issue for me was clearing the Browser Cache, which (in Firefox) had reached maximum.

In Firefox you go :

Tools ... Options ... Advanced ... Network ... Cached Web Content => Clear Now

In Google Chrome that is :

1. Open Chrome.
    2. In the top right, click the Menu.
    3. Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
    4. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove. (Cached Images and Files)
    5. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
    6. Click Clear browsing data.
  • Nope, scratch that. The forever-spinning Web Protection Search Advisor Icon has returned just 1 day later.

Solution 2 : Switch OFF Search Advisor.

Solution 3 : Wait for Bitdefender to investigate and release patch. (?)