Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Where Are Virus Signatures Downloaded To In Windows 10

Options

Hi @ BitDefender

I am using BD AntiVirus Free on Windows 10 64bit with no problem. I also use Shadow Defender (virtualisation program) and in the program there is facility to retain some downloads (of choice) after finishing a session.

I need to know the locations where all BitDefender Free A/V updates including Virus signatures are downloaded to.

Can anyone help?

Thank you for you help

Terry

Comments

• lapka
    Options

%ProgramFiles%\Bitdefender\Antivirus Free Edition\ThreatScanner

• TerryWood
    Options

Hi lapka

Thanks for the info. Could I just ask, do you think the following folder should be included as well?

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\AntiVirus Free Edition\avc3

Thanks

Terry

• Unknown
    edited April 2016
    Options

BD Free is not compatible with Windows 10. It seems to operate - installs OK, no errors, etc. But it's not providing reliable protection.

Proof:

1) On the BD Free page, Windows 10 is not cited in System Requirements.

2) Click on the green download button and read the bold text "NOT compatible" message in the offer pop up.

• lapka
    Options

TerryW,

If you want to use BD Free on Windows 10 and Shadow Defender, you probably need to include the entire folder C:\Program Files\BitDefender\ because we do not know what other modules uses antivirus for signature updates.
    C:\ Program Files\ BitDefender\AntiVirus Free Edition\avc3 also involved in the update.
    But I believe that BD Free protects itself from changes, especially if you do not turn off the UAC or would work under a standard user account.